Restorative Justice Conference, Setting it Right, Resolving Conflict Together

afrikaeye

Oct 21, 2010, 3:27:53 AM10/21/10
to afrikaeye
Dear Members of Afrika Eye googlegroup,

Here's a post that really ties in with our mission of creating a
better balance of understanding between different and sometimes
conflicting groups - in our case between Africans and non-Africans.
But of course the case is general, and those of you interested in
Afrika Eye's 'Reconciliation and Rebuilding' section should also know
about this event, organised by The Pierian Centre. We have long been
mutual supporters and work in different ways towards the same goals.

From THE PIERIAN CENTRE.
Restorative Justice Conference, Setting it Right, Resolving
Conflict Together

We are holding an exciting conference on Thursday November 4th to
discover what Restorative Justice means for everyone in Bristol. This
will be your opportunity to talk about the work you are doing and hear
about what else is going on around the city and get inspired.
Practioners in the field from both private and public organisations
will be there, and it is open to anyone who is interested in the idea
of how we become a Restorative Justice city.

What would you like to contribute?
What would you like to share?
What would you like to hear?

In times of limited funding and resource, this is a day to bring
together anyone practising in the field or interested in any way in
the process of Restorative Justice so that we can find ways of working
more collaboratively throughout Bristol.

We will be recording the outcomes of the day and mapping the
activities that are already happening and circulating the outcomes of
the day to all participants as well as others who are interested. It
will be a wonderful opportunity to update with others and find out who
is doing what!!

The conference will address these questions:
1. What are you doing and what is already happening?
2. What would you like to do in addition?
3. What would you like to see others doing?
4. How can we work better together to achieve a city renowned for its
Restorative Justice process?

DETAILS OF THE DAY
* Time: 9.30am arrival 9.45am start - 4pm finish with informal
chat until 4.45pm
* Venue: The Pavilion, 1 Hannover Quay, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1
5JE (just behind the Lloyds Bank building on the Harbour).
* Lunch arrangements - Bring something to share, if you can.
* Cost: £5 contribution to costs payable on the day.

BOOKING ESSENTIAL: To book your place, please fill in the booking form
ASAP! Places are limited so it is first come first served!
Ffi: contact the Pierian Centre: in...@pieriancentre.com /phone 0117
9244512

PS Please spread the word about this event and let us know anyone you
think
it would be good to invite.