Dr. Ola Kassim are you still there? Old man his house is on fire, and he is busy chasing rats!

Abraham Madu

Jun 25, 2024, 3:51:14 PMJun 25
to Adeniran Adeboye, Ola Kassim, Chuhwuemeka Okala, Nebukadineze Adiele, Naija Observer, Google Inc., Wharf Snake, Tajudeen Raji, DIPO ENIOLA, Imperial Merchant Trust Ltd, Philip Achusim, Vin Modebelu, Jerome Niang Yakubu S.E P.E, Ishola Williams, Afis Deinde, Topcrest Topcrest, Kayode Adebayo, Joe Igbokwe, Femi Olajide, JEROME NIANG YAKUBU, Chukwuma Agwunobi, ALUKO Mobolaji, Johnson Anyadike, Wilson Iguade, naijain...@googlegrouproups.com, Naijaintelectual, Nigerianobserver, Abraham Madu, Vincent Modebelu, Nigerian Patriots Forum, Chris Udoh, Ishola Williams, Naijaintellects, Fubara David-West, Ugo Harris Ukandu, N. H. Ibanga, Ayo Ojutalayo, Cc: Zik Project, Stevek, imperi...@yahoo.com, OSAMEDE EDOSOMWAN, Nebukadineze Adiele' via NaijaEvent, Daniel Akusobi, Corporate Nigeria via, Afis 'Deinde, Vin Modebelu, Naija Talks, Abiodun KOMOLAFE, Oluwatoyin Vincent Adepoju, Alukoro Agbaye, GEORGE Kerley, Vin Modebelu, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, Ola Kassim, yahoogroups, Dan Obi, BUSKA OLADOSU, Abujanig, M.D.' via LOWER NIGER CONGRESS Okenwa R. Nwosu, Maigoro A. Jos, Dike Okey, aku...@icloud.com, Aginam O., Ola Kassim, Chuckwuma S. Agwunobi, yahoogroups, Stephen Uche, Wale Adedayo, Toyin Adepoju, Naija World Forum, Joseph Onuorah, Tony Eluemunor, Cyril Anyanwu, Wale Adedayo, Collins Ezebuihe, Tim Elombah (Diaspora Digital Media), IKECHI NNAJI, Rotimi Ogunsuyi, Vin Otuonye, Basics Igbo, Paul Oranika, Kayo Ogunbunmi, yahoogroups, BI KENOBI
Brief response to you too, Doc:

                >> I have never argued in support of population control<<. Olola

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and waddles off like a duck when tickled, it is most likely a duck.

>>Optimal Sustainable Population Growth Rate can be achieved
without Population Control. What is required is enlightenment of the populace
through education<< Olola.

As they say in America, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' If population is not a problem, why make it one by intruding into people's lives? The energy and resources that you apportion for this purpose would be better injected into making the economy better at affording people a reasonable standard of living. The energy you deploy into achieving "Optimal Sustainable Population Rate" could upturn the minimal peaceful coexistence that Nigeria has now. Hardcore Christians don't use birth control, not even condoms, or engage in abortion; Northern Muslims make concerted efforts to have multiple children and consider birth control offensive to their Allah; they opposed child marriage and child labor laws. Any attempt at getting these two sides to engaging in behaviors that limit child bearing would not just be resisted but could engulf the country into flames. Why would you engage in such a goal when it is unnecessary -- population is not the problem in Nigeria or in Africa -- Eastern and Southern Africa are so underpopulated that some Afrocentric NGOs are now appealing to Western/Central Africans to relocate to those areas --Angola, Mozambique, Zambia, Namibia, etc. are all empty relative to their sizes.

>>Human beings are autonomous and intelligent animals.
We are not like 'lower' animals whose habits are strictly controlled
by instincts. This is the reason we do not breed like insects, rats, rabbits
and other animals<< Olola.

If population is not the problem in Nigeria, which it isn't, why are you interested in how Nigerians/Africans breed, just because you can do so using the instrument of government, or because the West wants that in Africa? Can you see why folks smell a rat over this fixation on population? Growing the economy and educating the people are what African governments should focus on, not on who is having X number of children. Even white folks, who initially bought into population control, are now alive to its disastrous impact -- white people are gradually diminishing in the world relative to their prevalence before their delusions of overpopulation kicked in, after the now long discarded Malthusian Theory of Population scared them into silliness, in the late 19th century through now.

Nebukadineze Adiele