Re: Grow your own food, control population – Buhari advises Nigerians

afis

Jun 24, 2024, 1:28:05 PMJun 24
to Dr Ola Kassim, Wharf A. Snake, Adeniran Adeboye, Google Inc., Naija Observer, Nebukadineze Adiele, Tajudeen Raji, DIPO ENIOLA, Imperial Merchant Trust Ltd, Philip Achusim, Femi Olajide, Joe Igbokwe, Chukwuma Agwunobi, JEROME NIANG YAKUBU, ALUKO Mobolaji, Abraham Madu, Vincent Modebelu, Nigerian Patriots Forum, Chris Udoh, Fubara David-West, Ugo Harris Ukandu, N. H. Ibanga, Ayo Ojutalayo, imperi...@yahoo.com, OSAMEDE EDOSOMWAN, GEORGE Kerley, Dan Obi, Wale Adedayo, BUSKA OLADOSU, aku...@icloud.com, Aginam O., Ola Kassim, Wale Adedayo, Collins Ezebuihe, Tim Elombah (Diaspora Digital Media), IKECHI NNAJI, Vin Otuonye, Rotimi Ogunsuyi, Basics Igbo, Paul Oranika, Kayo Ogunbunmi, yahoogroups, BI KENOBI, Abass Kamara, Hassan O. Olabiwonnu, Yaya Fanusie, Leye Ige, Vincent Unachukwu, Joseph Igietseme, Seyi Olu Awofeso, Ishola Williams, Maxima1757 Maxima1757
Your point not clear sir, Dr Kassim.
Buhari was there for 8yrs trying to introduce Fulani supremacy over other tribes.
Buhari’s advise now is like OBJ’s advise on democracy.
Shikena,
Afis
Too much noises from too many empty drums rolling downhills.”……Afis
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2024, at 12:17 PM, Dr Ola Kassim <olaka...@aol.com> wrote:

Grow your own food, control population – Buhari advises Nigerians

Daily Post

Dear All:

I was right all along!

Nigeria has a population problem.

Let all those well educated and knowledgeable
senior Nigerian bureaucrats, ministers, ambassadors and Professors
at home and abroad who have ever disputed my stand on this issue take a bow.

Bye,

Ola

On Monday, June 24, 2024 at 11:10:21 a.m. EDT, afis <odide...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good morning Baba Wharfy. You can’t read only the post you commented on, to understand why Prof Adeboye stated this: “ Does Buhari have any advice on how to address this matter?”

Prof Adeboye responded to the posted rants below his.
Before laughing and making yourself hysterical, Baba Wharfy, why don’t you read the post below the prof’s?
Maybe you will notice this: “ Good job, Buhari!”.

On Jun 23, 2024, at 8:18 AM, Wharf A. Snake <wharf...@yahoo.com> wrote:

“Does Buhari have any advice on how to address this matter?

I am laughing in Ondo here. Buhari ke!  So Buhari is the president?

Ejo ni Mushin - Prince

Agwọ nọ n’akịrịka

monamona ni ologun ngbe, ologun to ba gbe paramole o gbe iyonu.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 22, 2024, at 11:35 PM, Adeniran Adeboye <aade...@mac.com> wrote:

A number of people have already reached the conclusion that we have to grow our own food.
Many have since invested resources in farming. Unfortunately, cow-herders have frustrated these entrepreneurs by letting their livestock graze on these farms. Does Buhari have any advice on how to address this matter?

Adeniran Adeboye

Sent from my iPhone

Grow your own food, control population – Buhari advises Nigerians

Daily Post

Former President Muhammadu Buhari has advised Nigerians to keep growing their own foods and control population growth.

The former President expressed satisfaction that a considerable number of Nigerians have embraced farming once again.

Buhari, however, expressed deep concern over the unchecked rise in population within the nation, saying the situation now calls for immediate attention.

He spoke to journalists after participating in the Kofor Arewa Eid prayer in Katsina on Sunday, in light of the current conditions in the nation.

“The need for greater discussion and awareness about this problem, (uncontrolled population growth) as well as a need to invest more in education and health.

“Let us grow our own food. We have shown that we can do it. This is not the time to relent when we see prices going up. Let us buy what is produced in the country.

“The foundation of a prosperous and stable country has been laid by successive governments, and I encourage our youth, in particular, to continue to play an active role in various nation-building efforts,” he said.

femi Olajide

Jun 24, 2024, 2:49:07 PMJun 24
to Dr Ola Kassim, afis, Wharf A. Snake, Adeniran Adeboye, Google Inc., Naija Observer, Nebukadineze Adiele, Tajudeen Raji, DIPO ENIOLA, Imperial Merchant Trust Ltd, Philip Achusim, Joe Igbokwe, Chukwuma Agwunobi, JEROME NIANG YAKUBU, ALUKO Mobolaji, Abraham Madu, Vincent Modebelu, Nigerian Patriots Forum, Chris Udoh, Fubara David-West, Ugo Harris Ukandu, N. H. Ibanga, Ayo Ojutalayo, imperi...@yahoo.com, OSAMEDE EDOSOMWAN, GEORGE Kerley, Dan Obi, Wale Adedayo, BUSKA OLADOSU, aku...@icloud.com, Aginam O., Ola Kassim, Wale Adedayo, Collins Ezebuihe, Tim Elombah (Diaspora Digital Media), IKECHI NNAJI, Vin Otuonye, Rotimi Ogunsuyi, Basics Igbo, Paul Oranika, Kayo Ogunbunmi, yahoogroups, BI KENOBI, Abass Kamara, Hassan O. Olabiwonnu, Yaya Fanusie, Leye Ige, Vincent Unachukwu, Joseph Igietseme, Seyi Olu Awofeso, Ishola Williams, Maxima1757 Maxima1757
Oga Afis,

Sometime DOK surprises one.
Buhari was in the presidency for 8yrs and he never did anything about the population explosion, especially in the north.

He should have put child rights in place to enforce parental care by parents.
Outlaw indifferent parenthood and ensure parents, especially fathers, are responsible for the upkeep of their kids by way of child support even when they are no longer together with their better half.

There are myriad of things he could have put in place, but he never did.

So, it's not in his place now to try and play elder statesman by proffering advice that he shirked during his ascendancy.

Regards,

Femi Olajide

femi Olajide

Jun 24, 2024, 6:27:38 PMJun 24
to afis, Dr Ola Kassim, Wharf A. Snake, Adeniran Adeboye, Google Inc., Naija Observer, Nebukadineze Adiele, Tajudeen Raji, DIPO ENIOLA, Imperial Merchant Trust Ltd, Philip Achusim, Joe Igbokwe, Chukwuma Agwunobi, JEROME NIANG YAKUBU, ALUKO Mobolaji, Abraham Madu, Vincent Modebelu, Nigerian Patriots Forum, Chris Udoh, Fubara David-West, Ugo Harris Ukandu, N. H. Ibanga, Ayo Ojutalayo, imperi...@yahoo.com, OSAMEDE EDOSOMWAN, GEORGE Kerley, Dan Obi, Wale Adedayo, BUSKA OLADOSU, aku...@icloud.com, Aginam O., Ola Kassim, Wale Adedayo, Collins Ezebuihe, Tim Elombah (Diaspora Digital Media), IKECHI NNAJI, Vin Otuonye, Rotimi Ogunsuyi, Basics Igbo, Paul Oranika, Kayo Ogunbunmi, yahoogroups, BI KENOBI, Abass Kamara, Hassan O. Olabiwonnu, Yaya Fanusie, Leye Ige, Vincent Unachukwu, Joseph Igietseme, Seyi Olu Awofeso, Ishola Williams, Maxima1757 Maxima1757
Oga Afis,

DOK point is now making sense.
I've always been advocate of maintaining sustainability. Not only in Nigeria but worldwide.

Resources for human habitation, or indeed all living things, are limited.

It's like any business, your expenses most not be more than your income, else you'll go bankrupt.

Resources on earth is finite and probably will not increase. So, we either manage it without unfettered increment in numbers.

Nigeria should consider sustainable population growth as DOK postulates.

Regards,

Femi Olajide

On Monday 24 June 2024 at 20:03:33 GMT+1, Dr Ola Kassim <olaka...@aol.com> wrote:

Afis:

I think I should have made my point clearer. I was not specifically referencing
referencing Buhari's comments the need to increase the percentage of home grown
 food stuff Nigerians consume which I support.

My focus was on the former President's second point which is that Nigerians should
moderate the rate of growth of our population.

I have been preaching the message about ensuring sustainable population growth rate
on Nigerian cyberspace and in person at conferences
held about Nigeria both at home in Nigeria and also in foreign countries including
the USA, Canada, UK and Germany for over 3 decades.

My position has always provoked stiff oppositions from many earned friends and colleagues
with whom I agree on most issues. Bolaji Aluko, and our late erudite brothers IBK and
and JUI (RIP) were always the first to jump on my case on this issue. At a few NIDO A conferences a few Nigerian ambassadors
and federal government ministers and senior bureaucrats including Mallam el Rufai have
questioned why I was so preoccupied with this issue. The argued that Nigeria has no population problem
considering we still have a very low population density outside of our increasingly congested
urban centres

One Nigerian ambassador that I worked closely with once asked me in an open forum if I would  have traded
my being born for not being born if Nigeria were to adopted a Sustainable Population Growth Policy.
My short answer to him was that I would not have known the difference if I were not born alive.

I am too time constrained to explore the issue further at this moment as reports to be verified are now
piling up on my desk and my staff are periodically politely checking in to see if I am working on them.

You know my stand on this issue.

To be continued later!

Please ensure you help in turning Florida Blue again on Nov 5.

Bye,

Ola

--
To join this group, send email to naijao...@googlegroups.com

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/naijaobserver/E7A097CC-08DF-4381-A762-A83DED581938%40gmail.com
.

Afis

Jun 24, 2024, 9:12:19 PMJun 24
to Dr Ola Kassim, afis, Wharf A. Snake, Adeniran Adeboye, Google Inc., Naija Observer, Nebukadineze Adiele, Tajudeen Raji, DIPO ENIOLA, Imperial Merchant Trust Ltd, Philip Achusim, Femi Olajide, Joe Igbokwe, Chukwuma Agwunobi, JEROME NIANG YAKUBU, ALUKO Mobolaji, Abraham Madu, Vincent Modebelu, Nigerian Patriots Forum, Chris Udoh, Fubara David-West, Ugo Harris Ukandu, N. H. Ibanga, Ayo Ojutalayo, imperi...@yahoo.com, OSAMEDE EDOSOMWAN, GEORGE Kerley, Dan Obi, Wale Adedayo, BUSKA OLADOSU, aku...@icloud.com, Aginam O., Ola Kassim, Wale Adedayo, Collins Ezebuihe, Tim Elombah (Diaspora Digital Media), IKECHI NNAJI, Vin Otuonye, Rotimi Ogunsuyi, Basics Igbo, Paul Oranika, Kayo Ogunbunmi, yahoogroups, BI KENOBI, Abass Kamara, Hassan O. Olabiwonnu, Yaya Fanusie, Leye Ige, Vincent Unachukwu, Joseph Igietseme, Seyi Olu Awofeso, Ishola Williams, Maxima1757 Maxima1757
 I have been preaching the message about ensuring sustainable population growth rate
on Nigerian cyberspace and in person at conferences
held about Nigeria both at home in Nigeria and also in foreign countries including
the USA, Canada, UK and Germany for over 3 decades.”…….Dr Kassim.

Dr Kassim, please don’t compare your genuine advocacy for “sustainable population growth”, with Buhari’s religious zealot advocacy.
Islam does not permit birth control just as Catholics.
Buhari’s plan is to have your southern tribes to dwindle while Fulani gain majority.
I don’t believe he’s sincere.
First thing Buhari should advocate is “One man one wife” by Muslims, and banning of child marriage.
A people that support four wives to one man, even if each wife is limited by law to have not more than two kids, that equals 8 kids in one family per household.
If in the south we abide by the same law, and most of us have one wife, who’s going to benefit in the long run during national voting?

Anything from Buhari is BS.

Shikena
Afis
"Repetition is the favorite weapon of the Ignoramus, to elicit annoyance without added value" - Afis
Sent from my iPhone