Africa Action at the UNAIDS Conference

Emira Woods

Jul 21, 2012, 2:11:08 PM7/21/12
to AdNA List (adnalist@googlegroups.com), africa-advocacy-network@googlegroups.com (africa-advocacy-network@googlegroups.com)
Dear Friends,

Please join Africa Action at the 2012 International Aids Conference in Washington DC

Saturday, July 21th
Consultation with Faith Based Leaders on Issues in Africa and the Diaspora, Institute for Policy Studies 1112 16th Street, NW Washington DC 20036 (16th & L Streets, nearest metro: Farragut north)
(PLEASE NOTE: This event targeted for Faith-based leaders is by invitation only)

Tuesday, July 25th at 12noon ~ We Can End AIDS Mobilization!
On Tuesday, July 24th at Noon we hope that you'll join us for the We Can End AIDS Mobilization for Economic Justice and Human Rights.
Now is a critical time in our fight to stop the AIDS crisis we know is so far from over. We finally know the ingredients that could end the pandemic--that can halt new infections, ensure people are alive and healthy. And we're getting ever closer to a real cure. But are we on track to do so? We're worried that we're not! We're worried that we lack the political will to make it happen.

It's time to raise the attention level--to bring the AIDS 2012 conference out of the convention center and into the streets of Washington, DC. We will demand a minute of the world's attention, a tiny slice of the world's income, and a new paradigm in the rights of people!

That's why we'll be leaving the conference for two hours to join the mobilization.

TUESDAY 12 Noon
5 different marches: 4 depart from just outside the doors of the convention center (exit south on Mt. Vernon Place) the other from the Navy Memorial metro station nearer to Capitol Hill.
We'll fan out throughout the city.
Then come back together at 1:15 in Lafayette Park--between the Chamber of Commerce (biggest lobbying arm of big business in the U.S.) and the White House.
Details: www.WeCanEndAIDS.org<http://www.WeCanEndAIDS.org>

Wednesday, July 25th Africa Action host the Africa networking Zone!

On Wednesday July 25, Africa Action we will host convenings with Africa Delegates to the Conference and key leaders from the Africa Diaspora community. This networking zone is free and open to the public.
We are at Global Village, lower level of AIDS 2012 conference. Conference registration is NOT needed to enter the networking zone. Please stop by and say hi, pick up materials or join in our sessions. We will be there throughout the day!

THEMATIC PANEL: 12noon – 2:00pm AIDS and Economic Justice in Africa & the African Diaspora.
Africa Action, African Diaspora for Change, Foreign Policy In Focus, Global Justice Institute, HealthGap and TransAfrica Forum are leading an informal discussion with African delegates and other leaders on AIDS and Economic Justice in Africa & the African Diaspora.
Invited Speakers include representatives from Treatment Action Campaign, Sexual Minorities of Uganda, Plymouth United Church of Christ and others.

Join us at Global Village, lower level of AIDS 2012 conference. Conference registration is NOT needed to enter the networking zone.