TODAY's ADNA meeting - schedule/agenda shifts - WH NSC Africa Director Grant Harris joins us

Emira Woods

Jul 10, 2012, 9:12:47 AM7/10/12
to africa-advocacy-network@googlegroups.com (africa-advocacy-network@googlegroups.com)
Good morning friends,

At the June 5th ADNA meeting, we had an extensive discussion of the Obama Administration's Presidential Policy Directive for Africa which at that time, had not been released. We agreed to invite a representative of the NSC to discuss the PPD with ADNA.
Last night, Karen Richardson at the White House office of public engagement confirmed that Grant Harris, NSC Africa Director will come to today's ADNA meeting.

George Ngolwe (Oblates) who chairs today's meeting has proposed a pre-meeting to review key points we want to raise on the PPD. We are therefore proposing the following change of schedule.

10:30am pre meeting on the Presidential Policy Directive

11-noon ADNA meeting agenda as distributed by George

Noon i- 1pm
Discussion of the Obama Administration's Presidential Policy Directive for Africa with Grant Harris - National Security Council, Africa

We hope that as many of you as possible can join in person. Here is the teleconference link for those who need it.
teleconference (218) 844 3366, Access code - 2374266

Grant Harris bio (attached)
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/author/Grant%20T.%20Harris

Grant Harris blog post on new policy directive
The Future of America’s Partnership with Sub-Saharan Africa
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/06/14/future-america-s-partnership-sub-saharan-africa

Obama Administration fact sheet on New Policy Directive
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/06/14/fact-sheet-new-strategy-toward-sub-saharan-africa

Link to full document - U.S. STRATEGY TOWARD SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/africa_strategy_2.pdf
Grant Harris - bio.docx