Emira's job changes

Emira Woods

Jun 2, 2014, 1:05:45 AM6/2/14
to Dr. Yao Graham, 'Rolake Odetoyinbo, Thierno Kane, 1206group, aaboud voa news, Abdi Samatar, Abdoulaye Dukule, Lamin, Abdul Rahman, Abdul tejan Cole, Abdulai Darimani (Dram), Abigail Long, Abigail Norman, Abner Arauza, Akumu, Achieng (DCHA/DG), Achille Mbembe, Adam Cohen, adam taylor, Ade Wede Kekuleh, adejoke, Adienamikiphe Igoni, AdNA List, Adotei & Radha, Adotei Akwei, Adrian Chiculita, Alicea, Adriane, Adrien Holmes, Adwoa, adwoa dunn-mouton, Adwoa Masozi, affan chowdhry, Africa-Advocacy-Network, African Diaspora for Change, Africom-Vs-Human-Security-Editorial, Ahmed Sourani, Aicha Cooper, Aida Gueye, Aili Mari Tripp, ajamu baraka, Akeem Thomas, Akenji Ndumu, Akoue Ajavon, Akwasi Aidoo, Akwe Amosu, Al Hosinski, alad...@googlemail.com, Albert Gyan, alco...@gmail.com, Aldo, Alex baumgarten, Alex Mends-Cole, Alex Weiner, Alexander Sharma, Alexandra I. Toma, Alexandra Toma (Board Member), Alexis Arieff, Alfred Brownell, Sajery, Algene, algene_sajery, Alice Gatebuke, alimasi, Alissa Wilson, Alix Cantave, allafrica news, Allison B, allison burket, Almaz Wondimu, Althea Davis, Alyssa Kitlas, amii omara-otunnu, Amina Salum Ali, Amjad Atallah, Amy Ba, Amy Masciola, Andrea Cooke, Andrea Schmidt, Andrew Ho, Andrew Stevens, Andy Shallal, Angela Johnson, angelle kwemo, Kwemo, AngelleB, Anna Lefer Kuhn, Anna Sussman, Annette Aulton, Annie Holmes, Annie Shattuck, Antoinette Sayeh, Antonia Juhasz, ANUPA IYER, Anuradha Desai, Anyango, Armah J. Comehn, Arthur Padmore, Aruna Rao, ASA Nominations Committee listserv, Asalou Givens, Asantewaa Nkrumah-Ture, Ashley Orr, Asmara Sium, Associated Press, asteria hyera, Aubrey McCutcheon, Augustine, Augustine Toe, Aurora Ellis, Aviva Goldfarb, AWO SARPONG_ANSU, Ayanna Gregory, Ayele Ajavon, Ayele Ajavon Cox, Ayele Ba, Ayesha, Ayesha Ibrahim, Ayi Ajavon, azeb tadesse, Azeen Salimi, B eth Restrick

Warm greetings Friends,

I am writing to personally share with you the news that I am embarking on a new phase in my career.

I have had the incredible honor of working as Co-Director of Foreign Policy In Focus at the Institute for Policy Studies. since 2003.

As I think back over the eleven years, carrying forward struggles against Firestone, AFRICOM, and other global actors running amuck, I have learned from you and worked with you to build a world free of poverty, inequality, and injustice.   For that I am enormously grateful!

I am thrilled to be moving to a new role that continues the work of advancing our collective struggles for economic and social justice.  I will be taking a position as Global Client Principal for Social Impact Programs at ThoughtWorks, a technology firm committed to building a better world.  I will serve as a bridge between development, humanitarian, and social justice organizations and technologists building innovations to sustain movements and change our world.

 I will maintain an ongoing relationship with IPS (as Associate Fellow) and can still be reached via this email .  For more urgent items, please contact  me on emira...@gmail.com.  I look forward to staying connected!

A luta continua!!

Emira

Marie Dennis

Jun 2, 2014, 7:53:08 AM6/2/14
to africa-advo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Emira,

Warm wishes and many thanks as you embark on your new journey.  I hope our paths will continue to cross!

In peace,

Marie Dennis

Co-President

Washington DC Office