AFL PLUS PLUS ERROR - Elf binary

Cherry bomb

Mar 7, 2023, 6:46:25 PM3/7/23
to afl-users
Hello,
I'm trying to compile Afl++ qemu mode in an elf file, after adjusting the CPU_TARGET to arm it reports the error of finding libosal.so as if it wasn't finding the lib. However, it is found in the shared files. Can you help me?

Nikolay Shaplov

Mar 8, 2023, 2:51:47 AM3/8/23
to afl-users, Cherry bomb
В письме от среда, 8 марта 2023 г. 02:46:25 MSK пользователь Cherry bomb
написал:
You should better report this problem at AFL++ issue tracker.
https://github.com/AFLplusplus/AFLplusplus/issues
There you either get help, if you are doing something wrong, or this problem
will be fixed if there is a problem.

But I would advice you to give proper report, explaining what you are trying
to do step by step. Like this:

On Ubuntu XX.XX on my amd64 computer I am doing following things:

-----------------
apt-get install [blah-blah-blah]
git clone [blah-blah-blah]
cd [...]; make; make install;
[......]
aflpp -i in -o out [.....]

and getting following error:
[.........................]

though

aflpp -i in -o out [..... v2]

works well

---------------

This will allow experienced people to follow your steps and understand what
the cause of your problem.

--
Nikolay Shaplov aka Nataraj
Fuzzing Engineer at Postgres Professional

Cherry bomb

Mar 17, 2023, 2:11:38 PM3/17/23
to afl-users
I reported the problem, but no success.
Someone have the same problem with the library or object file?

Nikolay Shaplov

Mar 18, 2023, 8:21:43 AM3/18/23
to afl-users, Cherry bomb
В письме от пятница, 17 марта 2023 г. 21:11:38 MSK пользователь Cherry bomb
написал:
> I reported the problem, but no success.
Can you please give the link to the issue you've reported...
signature.asc

Cherry bomb

Mar 23, 2023, 2:36:56 PM3/23/23
to afl-users

Nikolay Shaplov

Mar 24, 2023, 3:32:25 AM3/24/23
to afl-users, Cherry bomb
В письме от четверг, 23 марта 2023 г. 21:36:55 MSK пользователь Cherry bomb
написал:
> https://pullanswer.com/questions/problem-with-afl-qemu-in-elf-file
You should ask at AFL++ project's page.
https://github.com/AFLplusplus/AFLplusplus
Create an issue there...
signature.asc

Cherry bomb

Mar 24, 2023, 10:28:46 AM3/24/23
to afl-users

Nikolay Shaplov

Mar 24, 2023, 10:59:14 AM3/24/23
to afl-users, Cherry bomb
В письме от пятница, 24 марта 2023 г. 17:28:46 MSK пользователь Cherry bomb
написал:
> I did it...
> https://github.com/AFLplusplus/AFLplusplus/issues/1670

I guess van Hauser's gave you proper answer. You should learn how to pass
libraries to quemu, and it is I guess described in the doc.
signature.asc

Cherry bomb

Mar 24, 2023, 2:15:24 PM3/24/23
to afl-users
I've already defined the variable in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I've even used the configuration in bash_profile to direct to the lib, the dynamic link to the lib was made, but nothing solves it. That's the issue I can't resolve even by configuring the location of the libraries.