afl++ v3.12c release

Marc

Mar 24, 2021, 6:36:54 AM3/24/21
to afl-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

afl++ (or it's new parallel project, libafl) is part of GSoC 2021 again!
https://github.com/AFLplusplus/AFLplusplus/issues/783

Also there is a new release.
The changes to get rid of AFL_MAP_SIZE, and the 3.00 changes still had a
few issues which should all be fixed in 3.12c
Now we can concentrate on new features again. Upcoming in 3.20: frida_mode

https://github.com/AFLplusplus/AFLplusplus/releases/tag/3.12c

### Version ++3.12c (release)
- afl-fuzz:
- added AFL_TARGET_ENV variable to pass extra env vars to the target
(for things like LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
- fix map detection, AFL_MAP_SIZE not needed anymore for most cases
- fix counting favorites (just a display thing)
- afl-cc:
- fix cmplog rtn (rare crash and not being able to gather ptr data)
- fix our own PCGUARD implementation to compile with llvm 10.0.1
- link runtime not to shared libs
- ensure shared libraries are properly built and instrumented
- AFL_LLVM_INSTRUMENT_ALLOW/DENY were not implemented for LTO, added
- show correct LLVM PCGUARD NATIVE mode when auto switching to it
and keep fsanitize-coverage-*list=...
Short mnemnonic NATIVE is now also accepted.
- qemu_mode (thanks @realmadsci):
- move AFL_PRELOAD and AFL_USE_QASAN logic inside afl-qemu-trace
- add AFL_QEMU_CUSTOM_BIN
- unicorn_mode
- accidently removed the subfolder from github, re-added
- added DEFAULT_PERMISSION to config.h for all files created, default
to 0600

Regards,
Marc

--
Marc Heuse
www.mh-sec.de

PGP: AF3D 1D4C D810 F0BB 977D 3807 C7EE D0A0 6BE9 F573