Qiling + AFLpluplus in Unicorn Mode: Fork Server Handshake Failed

Thijs Fransen

Sep 16, 2022, 5:26:14 PM9/16/22
to afl-users
output_fuzzing_with_qiling.PNGDear Enthusiasts,

I installed Qiling and AFLplusplus and executed the ./build_unicorn_support.sh. Everything went succesful and I am able to start the fuzzer. However, I keep receiving the error Fork Server Handshake Failed.

The command to start fuzzing through Qiling is:

AFL_AUTORESUME=1 AFL_PATH="$(realpath $HOME/sancus/AFLplusplus)" PATH="$AFL_PATH:$PATH" afl-fuzz -i afl_inputs -o afl_outputs -U -- python3 ./fuzz_x8664_linux.py @@

Can someone tell me what I can do to troubleshoot? I tried running it with the environment variables AFL_DEBUG_CHILD=1 and AFL_MAP_SIZE=10000000. Also I tried to set memory limit to none for afl-fuzz (e.g. -m none).

I included an image of the output for reference,
Thanks in advance!