No paths found when fuzzing Freetype

Kin Zhong

May 18, 2021, 4:16:27 PM5/18/21
to afl-users
Hi,

I am trying to fuzz FreeType v2.6 following this guide (https://volatileminds.net/2015/08/05/advanced-afl-usage-fuzzing-libraries.html) but using AFL++. Using the guide, I was not able to compile the harness so I made some modifications. While AFL++ did not complain of any errors with the harness, no paths were found. The commands I used can be seen below.

# ./configure --enable-shared=no CC=afl-clang-fast
# make
# afl-clang-fast font_parser.c -I freetype-2.6/include/ -lfreetype -o font_parser
# afl-fuzz -i in -o out -m none ./font_parser @@

Capture.PNG

Please let me know what is wrong with my setup. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Kin