Not going to draft in Internet Explorer / New Infrastructure for Google Apps accounts

Chris Wood

Oct 17, 2010, 7:18:05 AM10/17/10
to Affixa Support
Folks,

A brief summary of what follows: Google Apps accounts are changing,
and those changes impact upon the ability to be taken directly to a
draft message in Internet Explorer.

--

As you may be aware, Google Apps accounts will shortly be
transitioning to a new infrastructure that puts them on equal footing

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/topic.py?topic=28917

All accounts will be migrated to the new infrastructure automatically
in late Autumn / Fall, and for the moment you can migrate to the new
infrastructure immediately by opting in.

Like some of our clients, Notably Good Ltd has now opted in to the new
method of handling accounts so that we can begin to ready Affixa for
the automatic switchover.

Today we've done some preliminary testing. Our investigations have
shown that existing installations of Affixa will continue to work
correctly in all web browsers EXCEPT Internet Explorer. In IE, users
are being taken to their inboxes rather than to the draft message
created by Affixa.

To address this problem, we've released a new version of Affixa today
which adds a new option to the configuration for your account. If
you've migrated to the new accounts infrastructure AND are using IE,
please ensure you tick the new "Turn on support for Full Accounts"
option next to the configuration of your username and password. This
option ensures that the URL passed to IE is in the new format and that
you're taken directly to your draft message.

We see this new option as temporary measure whilst we're in the
transition period between account types. When Google automatically
transitions all Apps accounts, we'll hide this option from the user
interface and default it to be turned on.

The new version of the software can be downloaded from:

http://www.affixa.com/Download.aspx

Finally, a word about Google's support for account switching. Since
the infrastructure changes mean you can only be logged in to one
Google account at a time in a single web browser, Google has
introduced a way for you to switch quickly between accounts:

https://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=182343

Let's say you have a CompanyA account and a CompanyB account, and
using the multiple account switching you're logged in to both email
accounts. For all browsers *EXCEPT* Internet Explorer, Affixa will be
able to ensure the correct company's email account is shown when
draft message if it was created within what Google considers to be the
default account. We'll continue to monitor this over the coming weeks
and see if any improvements are made by Google for Internet Explorer.

Our aim is to keep this thread updated over the coming weeks through
to the end of the transition. Please post any findings or thoughts?

Many thanks,

Chris

Christophe Audrey Laura Maïa LACOMBE

Nov 2, 2010, 11:58:35 AM11/2/10
to Affixa Support
I have the same issue -> When I use the send by mail feature, it opens
gmail in IE but in "in box" section instead of in "draft" section :(
After some test (because it works on one PC and nnot on the an other,
both on Win7 with the same Gmail account) I identified that if I log
in https in gmail, it does not work but if I log with http only it
works. So for the time beeing, I use http, and in some time I will
retry with https.

I hope it will help you a little bit to identify the issue.
Best regards, Christophe.