Quick Affect ?

joshua brahinsky

Jan 7, 2014, 6:40:21 PM1/7/14
to affect-wor...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks - I am looking for a place to give a talk on affect, resistance and pentecostals - but i do not get any affect CFPs these days - anyone got one? wanna make one?  know how i can get one?

i was thinking of creating a CFP for the ASA in LA this fall - but it would have to be done quickly

maybe something like:

Affective Politics:

If liberalism is a problem, then perhaps we need a non-liberal subject.  Given the recent interest in affect, queering, (and others that we could add...) this panel will explore the political possibilities and barriers to non-liberal, post-liberal or pre-liberal subjectivities... In other words, we recognize that non-liberal is not enough and want to ask specific questions about the translation from subjectivation to political project.

anyone inspired, wanna add to this and make it a panel?

josh brahinsky

Erin Gray

Jan 8, 2014, 10:29:09 PM1/8/14
to affect-wor...@googlegroups.com
hey josh,

happy new year. i'm interested in participating, though i don't yet have a paper to present. have you heard from anyone else?

best,
erin

Erin M. Gray
PhD Candidate, History of Consciousness
Designated Emphases in Feminist Studies and Visual Studies
University of California, Santa Cruz

joshua brahinsky

Jan 9, 2014, 4:35:39 AM1/9/14
to affect-wor...@googlegroups.com
nope - just you - hmmm

History of Consciousness

University of California, Santa Cruz

Erin Gray

Jan 20, 2014, 7:26:35 PM1/20/14
to affect-wor...@googlegroups.com
hey josh,

i am thinking about the asa and i really want to submit a panel proposal with you. i'm going to start writing an abstract for a paper i've been thinking about writing for two years (!) in light of the conference them of "the fun and the fury."

i just noticed on the asa website that panels consisting of scholars from the same university are often rejected. so i guess we should publish our proposal on the asa website and try to get one or two scholars from another university.

more soon,

joshua brahinsky

Jan 20, 2014, 11:35:47 PM1/20/14
to affect-wor...@googlegroups.com
yes - lets do it - debbie gould is interested as well

i will be back in town on tuesday night, i can work on it then - do you know the deadline?
my number is 609-558-7470

how about something like

"What is the politics of Affect theory?"...

or something else?

josh

History of Consciousness
University of California, Santa Cruz

joshua brahinsky

Jan 20, 2014, 11:38:55 PM1/20/14
to affect-wor...@googlegroups.com
the deadline is feb 2 - so we have time to make a panel and send it out for applications

History of Consciousness
University of California, Santa Cruz

joshua brahinsky

Jan 28, 2014, 12:59:49 AM1/28/14
to affect-wor...@googlegroups.com
so we got some folks from our campus doing this panel - anyone know of a good faculty person to have a s respondent - maybe someone from southern california who might go to this thing anyways??

History of Consciousness
University of California, Santa Cruz

Carla Freccero

Jan 28, 2014, 12:12:39 PM1/28/14