Re: About potential profiles (Aestimo)

Rob Steed

Jul 3, 2019, 7:11:23 AM7/3/19
to Ab R, Hamza Hebal, aestimo-users
Dear Abbas,

A static electric field can be applied by changing the variable Fapplied, is that what you are looking for? I do not have any experience with modelling c-plane quantum wells so I am adding Hamza to the conversation since he wrote the aestimo_eh.py simulator and has worked on modelling Wurzite type materials.

Best of luck,

Robert

ps. I am also adding this to the aestimo-users mailing list for future reference.

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019, 21:20 Ab R, <abbas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Robert,

I was wondering if there were ways one can get Aestimo to model c-plane quantum wells, with non-zero polarisation fields along the growth direction resulting in tilted potential profiles. All the tutorials deal with square wells.

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Abbas