The Final Battle for Bretonia!!!

Jason

Dec 7, 2016, 5:57:28 PM12/7/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Hey all!

First off - apologies that this thing has languished for so long. I've been busy dealing with deaths in the family and getting married...but all of that is done now and it's time to get back to what's important ;)

Stewart and I were thinking we'd finish off the campaign in one final event! Sort of a good vs evil tournament in January. We'll pick a day, make teams and go at it! Winners will be paired with winners and the total at the end of the day will settle the final score for the campaign!

We'll use the current rules for 9th age which is version 1.2, but a few minor updates will be coming soon, so we'll end up using 1.3 in January.

If you want to use a different army for the event than you were using for the campaign - that's totally fine! Stewart and I can switch it up accordingly to make sure we have even teams.

Let's tentatively say January 7th for the event, in Culver City. 5,000 point armies (that's like 2,500 with the new rules).

Sign up by replying here and let us know what army you'll be using.

Stewart Roud

Dec 7, 2016, 6:10:13 PM12/7/16
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
WHOOT!

Beastmen for me!

Jason

Dec 7, 2016, 6:21:24 PM12/7/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
I'll go goblins or dwarfs depending on what's needed :)

Rob Rodgers

Dec 7, 2016, 6:32:13 PM12/7/16
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same as it ever was.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Jason <jaso...@gmail.com> wrote:

Adam Levine

Dec 7, 2016, 7:43:48 PM12/7/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League

Count me out.  I'm not terribly impressed by the newest iterations of 9th age.

I'll go goblins or dwarfs depending on what's needed :)

Stewart Roud

Dec 7, 2016, 9:07:44 PM12/7/16
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
Adam, you have officially been counted out and your opinion noted

Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:21 PM
To: Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
I'll go goblins or dwarfs depending on what's needed :)

Adam Levine

Dec 7, 2016, 9:26:37 PM12/7/16
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
Good! good!  everyone should know!

Adam, you have officially been counted out and your opinion noted

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Adam Levine <Classi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Count me out.  I'm not terribly impressed by the newest iterations of 9th age.

I'll go goblins or dwarfs depending on what's needed :)

Filip CO

Dec 8, 2016, 4:00:03 AM12/8/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Count me in with wood elves.

Jason

Dec 8, 2016, 12:09:20 PM12/8/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Just FYI if you haven't been playing the campaign but want to get in some games of 9th age - come on down!

Hoping to get 4-6 tables going :)

Anton

Dec 8, 2016, 12:39:15 PM12/8/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Woo hoo! I'm in! I'll play Empire.

Nathanael Allison

Dec 8, 2016, 6:59:41 PM12/8/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
If you need extra players. I will play. I think all my armies are evil. Unless UD is good. Let me know. Thanks, Nate

Jason

Dec 13, 2016, 2:17:38 PM12/13/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Just wanted to reply to this -

I get it, totally do. They're going in a slightly more tournament / balanced direction so they've taken some of the limits/random stuff out. I think it's generally for the greater good. In your case I think you'd be able to actually get pretty close to your 'Evil Engineers Guild' list, just with a few less war machines. And hey - engineers have 3 wounds now, so that's gonna help :)

But what I'm really starting to like about 9th Age is the community on the forums. I've been involved in a lot of back and forth on the Dwarf forums over issues/complaints/suggestions etc...and the game creators are actually listening! or at least weighing in. There's an element of democracy to it that didn't exist with GW.

Sure there's a lot of noise on the forums, but also lots of good ideas. I'd say take your complaints there - see what people say. They have admins reading through all the threads...who knows - maybe you'll get the army you always wanted! It's worth a shot!

Rob Rodgers

Dec 13, 2016, 2:25:50 PM12/13/16
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
If you read the article that came out today on WDG (formerly WoC) you can get a sense of how they are doing things.  It is nice to be in the hands of people who are trying to make a good game instead of trying to get you to buy their stuff.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index.php?news/498-sneak-preview-of-adt-work-in-progress-warriors-of-the-dark-gods/

Same as it ever was.

Jason

Dec 15, 2016, 3:16:09 PM12/15/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Preview of some 1.3 changes. In a few months (Fall 2017) 2.0 will follow, and that will be around for a good long while.

Rob Rodgers

Dec 16, 2016, 9:01:00 PM12/16/16
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
There is another tournament at the Realm on the 7th.

Same as it ever was.

Jason

Dec 19, 2016, 11:44:21 AM12/19/16
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Should we push it to the 14th? I might want to go to the Realm on the 7th...

Jason

Jan 3, 2017, 2:05:51 PM1/3/17
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Checking back to see who is available for finishing this thing up on the 14th :)

So far...

GOOD
-Anton
-Filip
-Me (tentative)

EVIL
-Rob
-Stewart
-Nate

Stewart Roud

Jan 3, 2017, 2:38:51 PM1/3/17
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
i cannot, my next free weekend is the 28th of Jan

Anton

Jan 3, 2017, 2:56:51 PM1/3/17
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
the 14th is not great for me either.

Rob Rodgers

Jan 3, 2017, 3:14:44 PM1/3/17
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
I'm heavily booked through the end of this month.  Getting away for the 7th is coming at a cost.

Same as it ever was.

Nathanael Allison

Jan 3, 2017, 6:12:16 PM1/3/17
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
I can usually plan around if it's on the weekend. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Nate