Army Builder?

Adam Hammer

Jun 27, 2017, 7:24:37 PM6/27/17
to warhammer league

Guys,

New to AoS and a looking for an army builder to make my life easier.  Any recommendations please?

Thanks

Adam

AndrewW

Jun 29, 2017, 5:36:00 PM6/29/17
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
Hey Adam,

GW has an official army builder for AOS they adopted from someone who made their own online.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Works great.

Adam Hammer

Jun 30, 2017, 10:12:42 AM6/30/17
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

Thanks for your response.  I tried that link before and found its UI challenging.  Maybe I am lame.  Anyway, does it show the units stats and abilities?

Thanks
Adam

Sent from my iPad

AndrewW

Jun 30, 2017, 3:57:51 PM6/30/17
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
So in its old non-GW version you could link to the war scrolls directly from the army builder, but since GW took over it seems this feature has been removed.  Also would appear UI interface seems a little more clunky that previously.

If you want quick access to the unit stats and abilities from an army builder then unfortunately your only real option is the AOS app.  If you subscribe to the Azyr army builder part (think its about a dollar per month) you can use this for list building and quickly link to the warscrolls.  Or you can just use the free part of App to view the war scrolls and the free online army builder to make your lists.  GW has been quick to stop competing list builders now they run their own service, there was a 40k one which got swiftly removed the other day as they have their own coming soon.

To be honest last time I played I made a quick reference sheet in excel so I had all the stats and abilities to hand without filcking through the app or army book.

Hope this helps

What are you playing by the way? are you local to Aero?  dont get much of a chance to play myself (work & family take my time up)  but played a few times with the SoCal Age of Sigmar group.

Adam Hammer

Jun 30, 2017, 4:13:42 PM6/30/17
to aero-hobbies-w...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

I have been a stalwart at Aero since it opened  and buds with Keith since then.  I used to live in Westwood and would be in the store a lot. About 4 years ago, I moved my family to Westlake Village.

I played of 7th and 8th with the guys at the store when I lived there.  I didn't like AoS when it first came out,  but am now looking to give a real go.

How about you?

Adam

Sent from my iPad

AndrewW

Jun 30, 2017, 4:40:45 PM6/30/17
to Aero Hobbies Warhammer League
I'm based in Santa Monica.  Only got back into the hobby as the end times kicked in and hadn't played since 5th edition.  So have been trying to get back into Warhammer AOS (and now 40k) over the past few years but as I said find it hard to get hobby time.

This is the most active AOS group in the area

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Socalageofsigmar/

Most are San Diego based but LA area tournaments have been happening, I have played a few times with the group up at Green Tower Games in Santa Clarita and they are a good bunch.  Be good to get some more local games in though.

Also you should know that the next Generals Handbook is due to come out in a few weeks time, this will likely make some big changes to the points and some of the rules regarding tournament play, along with a whole bunch of other things.