Fwd: Installing AENet

Zhenling Wang

Oct 15, 2020, 4:12:10 PM10/15/20
to ae...@googlegroups.com
Dear AENet Community,

I am very sorry to disturb you for such a rookie problem on installing AENet but when I make the file it goes like this:

(base) [wangzl@pu239 src]$ make -f makefiles/Makefile.gfortran_openblas_serial
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgfortran
make: *** [../bin/generate.x] Error 1

But the libgfortran.so can be found after I set a soft link to libgfortran.so.3.0.0, as when I run ld:

(base) [wangzl@pu239 src]$ ld -lgfortran --verbose
attempt to open /usr/x86_64-redhat-linux/lib64/libgfortran.so failed
attempt to open /usr/x86_64-redhat-linux/lib64/libgfortran.a failed
attempt to open /usr/lib64/libgfortran.so succeeded

Do you have any idea where the problem is?

Many thanks in advance,
Zhenling Wang
2020.10.15 from UC Berkeley

Nongnuch Artrith

Oct 17, 2020, 6:04:18 PM10/17/20
to Zhenling Wang, aenet
Dear Zhenling Wang,

This seems to be a GNU Fortran installation issue and not directly related to aenet.

Have you been able to use gfortran to build other software?

Best,
Nong

Maxi Ramos

Oct 18, 2020, 10:21:35 AM10/18/20
to Nongnuch Artrith, Zhenling Wang, aenet
Dear Zhenling Wang,

try replacing "-static-libgfortran" with "-lgfortran" in the corresponding makefile.

Some distributions do not install static libraries.

Best regards,
Maxi

Dr. Maximiliano Ramos
Fisicoquímica en Interfases y Nanoestructuras
Instituto de Física Rosario / CONICET-UNR

zhenling.wang

Oct 18, 2020, 10:37:38 AM10/18/20
to aenet
Dear all,

Thanks for you quick and working suggestions. I installed a static library version of gfortran and the problem is solved.

Again, thanks for you time and advice,

With best wishes,
Zhenling
2020.10.18

zhenling.wang

Dec 12, 2020, 1:50:15 PM12/12/20
to aenet
Dear all,

When I tried to go through the example, I executed the generate.x (gfortran, openBLAS, serial version) like
$ generate.x generate.in > generate.out

but the program stops with a blank generate.out file giving

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

Backtrace for this error:
Segmentation fault

Do you have any idea why this might happen? I am quite sure that the memory is enough for this program.

Many thanks in advance,
Zhenling
2020.12.13

VAIDISH SUMARIA

Jan 30, 2021, 4:46:37 AM1/30/21
to aenet
Hey Zhenling,

Were you able to figure out the issue? I think It has to do with memory, but I am not able to figure out hoe to fix. Please let me know if you found a solution.

Vaidish