Descriptors visualization and comparisson

Maxi Ramos

Feb 28, 2023, 3:30:42 PM2/28/23
to aenet
Hi everyone,

We would like to compare the full set of (Behler) descriptors we are using
for two different configurations included in the training set, in order to try to understand
why we are having problems to properly fit some configurations with our aenet potential.
Could anybody tell me how to visualize the full set of descriptors for a given configuration, please ?
Thanks in advance !

Best regards,
Maxi

Dr. Maximiliano Ramos
Fisicoquímica en Interfases y Nanoestructuras
Instituto de Física Rosario / CONICET-UNR

Alexander Urban

Mar 1, 2023, 11:57:58 AM3/1/23
to Maxi Ramos, aenet
Hi Maxi,

I am not sure I understand what exactly you are trying to visualize.  Could you point us to an example, perhaps in a publication?

Best wishes,
Alex

--
Alexander Urban
Assistant Professor

Columbia Electrochemical Energy Center
https://ceec.engineering.columbia.edu

Maxi Ramos

Mar 14, 2023, 9:27:09 AM3/14/23
to Alexander Urban, aenet
Hi Alex,

thanks for answering. What I want is to write to a file the descriptors for two configuration A and B to be able to compare them.

Is there any way to write the descriptor to a file in a readable format?

Best regards,
Maxi

Dr. Maximiliano Ramos
Fisicoquímica en Interfases y Nanoestructuras
Instituto de Física Rosario / CONICET-UNR

Alexander Urban

Mar 14, 2023, 10:50:33 AM3/14/23
to Maxi Ramos, aenet
Hi Maxi,

We are also working on a Python tool to make this easier, but it is not yet ready.

Best wishes,
Alex