Updates on upcoming aeneas 1.7.4

Alberto Pettarin

May 3, 2018, 6:59:19 PM5/3/18
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

at last I managed to find some time and work on open issues and pull
requests on aeneas.

In particular, I merged onto the devel branch a couple of pull requests
fixing some installation issues and better support for macOS TTS.

Thanks to a long-standing contribution by Ben Hagen, I eventually
managed to have Travis CI run on aeneas (both master and devel branches)
--- even if I do not have the cheerful color swatches on the README
landing page, so far builds are good:
https://travis-ci.com/readbeyond/aeneas/ :)

By the end of May I plan to release aeneas v1.7.4, with the
aforementioned improvements and possibly addressing:

1. Issue #205 (numpy array leaking memory) --- there is a PR open
already, I just need to reproduce and confirm the fix

2. Issue #190 (regression from v1.7.0 to v.1.7.1 and later on Windows)
--- this looks more challenging, but I will have a go.

Very likely, this will be the last release for aeneas v1.x series. Time
permitting, in the summer I will start designing aeneas v2, which will
be radically different from an engineering point of view, and most
likely also differ in API/CLI.

Let me thank Daniel Bair, that a few weeks ago updated the all-in-one
Windows/macOS installers to aeneas 1.7.3 :
https://github.com/sillsdev/aeneas-installer/releases

Best regards,

Alberto Pettarin