The aeneas Web app will be discontinued on 2021-12-01

Alberto Pettarin

May 29, 2021, 12:48:42 PM5/29/21
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

today I renewed the VPS for the aeneas Web app (AWA) for the last time.

As I wrote in the "Recent News" of the login page
https://aeneasweb.org/login :

"The aeneas Web app will be discontinued on 2021-12-01. Please consider
using aeneas offline, or find an alternative solution."

The reason is simple: the Web app does not seem to be used that much ---
about 1k tasks/month if I can trust the nginx logs ---, not justifying
the operational costs (which you can find listed in the donation page of
the AWA).

Moreover, I do not foresee myself investing further time in the AWA,
either in maintenance nor developing it. My personal time became very
scarce when I started working for Nuance, now Cerence, around 4 years
ago. I think I will never get time to work on the AWA, and I prefer
concentrating my effort towards aeneas 2.0 instead.

Best regards,

Alberto Pettarin

Crisman Cooley

Jun 12, 2021, 1:38:48 AM6/12/21
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alberto,
I’ve been using the web app for the last 4 years and don’t remember how to set up and use the standalone app. Can you send me a link to instructions for a Mac Big Sur user? Thanks, and I’m sorry your time is scarce

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 29, 2021, at 9:48 AM, Alberto Pettarin <pett...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,

Crisman Cooley

Jun 12, 2021, 1:38:59 AM6/12/21
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Crisman

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 29, 2021, at 9:48 AM, Alberto Pettarin <pett...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,

Alberto Pettarin

Jun 17, 2021, 5:15:45 PM6/17/21
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/readbeyond/aeneas/blob/master/wiki/INSTALL.md

I have no idea if the directions for macOS still work, I discontinued my
Mac Mini 2011 a few months ago (and now it happily leaves a better life
running Linux).

AP

michele gianella

Jun 18, 2021, 2:43:05 AM6/18/21
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alberto,
I might be interested in continuing the Web App's life.
Can you get in touch with me?
Thanks!
Michele

Alberto Pettarin

Jun 21, 2021, 4:17:48 PM6/21/21
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Michele, you have my personal email and also mobile phone number.

AP
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aeneas-forced-alignment/CACu8e%3Diw0mv%2BDsOikY4h0zLGnAwYc5RjYjB%3DejB4QBHo1kKS7Q%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aeneas-forced-alignment/CACu8e%3Diw0mv%2BDsOikY4h0zLGnAwYc5RjYjB%3DejB4QBHo1kKS7Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.