Important announcement about my involvement in aeneas development

Alberto Pettarin

May 16, 2017, 10:15:09 AM5/16/17
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Dear users of aeneas,

At the end of May I will relocate to Torino (Turin), where I will join
the R&D office of a company working on speech technologies.

My employer agreed to let me keep managing/contributing to free
software/open source (FLOSS) projects in my spare time, including aeneas
--- and my intention is to do so.

So far I have been working on FLOSS while being a freelance
consultant/developer. This arrangement has given me ample freedom, e.g.
allowing me to allocate full work days to FLOSS activities, sometimes
thanks to generous sponsors. Starting next month, most of my time and
energy will be dedicated to my day job, and I expect this will naturally
impact my capacity of contributing to FLOSS.

In the short term, nothing will change for the end users of aeneas.

However, for the next 2-3 months I will just keep everything
up-and-running/maintained, and no new big features will be added. I
might take longer to reply to emails and GitHub issues.

Right now I am not able to tell whether, in the long run, I could/would
tackle big chunks of work --- like aeneas v2 --- or whether it would be
better handing some of my projects over. I will think about this in the
next weeks, and keep you timely informed.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

Alberto Pettarin

Willem van der Walt

May 17, 2017, 1:01:34 AM5/17/17
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on the new job!
It sounds interesting.
Fortunately for us end users, Aeneas already works quite well as is.
Kind regards, Willem