Is it possible to get different outputs when running multiple times on the same input?

Mohammed Ezzat

Jul 25, 2019, 8:39:51 AM7/25/19
to aeneas-forced-alignment
Hello
I faced a strange case where I used Aeneas on the same file and got 2 different vtt files, not entirely but some lines will have different timestamps

This happened with macos using "eng" as a language, but when I used eng-GBR the results were consistent

is that possible?

Alberto Pettarin

Aug 10, 2019, 9:42:17 PM8/10/19
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
It sounds strange, but I cannot tell with certainty it is impossible.
That would imply there is some non-deterministic behavior in either the
MacOS TTS (when using "eng", but not when using "eng-GBR") or in aeneas
or in its C extensions --- any of these three is not desirable, of course.

I would need the exact setup and input files to reproduce and see what
is happening there. You can send me a Dropbox/WeTransfer/etc. link at my
private email, if you cannot post them here publicly.

Be aware I am traveling for the next two weeks, so I will not be able to
access my MacMini and have a look before end of August.

Best regards,

Alberto Pettarin