Upcoming aeneas 1.7.4 : call for comments

Alberto Pettarin

May 9, 2020, 3:29:00 PM5/9/20
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

apologies for the big hiatus, but first I was overwhelmed at my day job,
and now the situation is still pretty tense in Italy. I hope you all are
safe, and so your loved ones.

I want to announce that I am working towards releasing aeneas 1.7.4,
tentatively by Sunday 2020-05-17.

At the moment, we have the following changes:

1. some minor changes to better support Python 3 and Debian/Ubuntu
packaging --- courtesy of our great friends at SIL International

2. support for eSpeak-ng 1.50, which brings in a lot of new changes

3. removed support for Nuance TTS, since Nuance Dev/Mix program was
terminated (*)

The plan is to release a new PyPI package (
https://pypi.org/project/aeneas/ ), and to update the aeneas Web
Application ( https://aeneasweb.org/login ). I guess SIL International
will also update the Windows installer some time later.

Am I missing any other important changes? Are there any other comments?

Best regards,

Alberto Pettarin

PS: I am not even sure if this Google Group works anymore: could one of
you just reply to confirm? Thank you.

(*) in case you did not know: I actually joined Nuance TTS R&D in June
2017. Since October, the automotive technologies of Nuance, including
ASR and TTS, were moved to a spin-off company, Cerence, which is still
my current employer.

Crisman Cooley

May 9, 2020, 5:09:12 PM5/9/20
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
👍 works 🙏

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 9, 2020, at 12:29 PM, Alberto Pettarin <pett...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,

Youka

May 9, 2020, 7:23:58 PM5/9/20
to aeneas-forced-alignment
Hello Alberto,
I just want to say thank you for creating and maintaining this project. I’m using it in Youka (https://www.youka.club/) and I have to say that it works very well compared to any other existing solutions (even deep learning based).

Willem van der Walt

May 10, 2020, 5:01:07 AM5/10/20
to Alberto Pettarin, aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Good day Alberto,
We are in a strict lock down here in South Africa, but well under the
circumstances.
Some time ago, I have sent you a patch, attached to this message, which
populates the language column depending on the languages specified in an
XML file.
I have been using it since the time I have sent it to you without any
problems. Could you consider including it in the new release of Aeneas?
TIA, Willem
textfile.patch

Elnur Sadiq

May 15, 2020, 6:28:59 PM5/15/20
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Alberto.
Thank you very much for this project. I am a blind. I have read how aeneas is used in the tutorial files. But I do not know how to synthesize a text file with my own voice. I do exactly what is given in the documents. Can you explain in detail how to synthesize a text file with sound?
I live in Azerbaijan. Unfortunately, there is no synthesizer in my language. Can I do this with aeneas?

Firat Özdemir

May 16, 2020, 1:23:41 AM5/16/20
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elnur,

I believe Turkish would be a good substitute for Azerbaijani. I will contact you in private.

Firat