Edge browser works with audio-ebooks

ro...@outlook.com

Jun 26, 2018, 6:56:19 PM6/26/18
to aeneas-forced-alignment
I haven’t seen this mentioned elsewhere, so maybe it is interesting to post that the Edge browser now plays the books at https://www.readbeyond.it/ebooks.html

I had the pleasure to show these audio-ebooks to the team in Paris that develop the EPUB reader in Edge, they had not seen them before.

They play nicely. There are some missing features (like keyboard shortcuts for navigating to previous/next) but it is definitely good to have native support on Windows.for read along.

Richard

Alberto Pettarin

Jun 27, 2018, 5:01:43 PM6/27/18
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for posting.

I am not a Windows user, and last time I tried the EPUB reader in Edge,
it did not work properly --- but in fact it was December or January, so
I guess they updated it at some point.

BTW, besides the free samples from ReadBeyond, there are some ~80 titles
in EPUB 3 reflowable + Media Overlays ("Audio-eBook") from the Italian
audiobook publisher "il Narratore audiolibri":
https://www.readbeyond.it/portfolio.html --- unlike the free samples,
whose audio comes from LibriVox, these titles are narrated by
professionals and recorded and edited professionally. Too bad there is
basically no market for this product, outside Kindle+Audible...

Best regards,

Alberto Pettarin