An AppImage Linux installer for Aeneas - help request

michele gianella

Sep 5, 2017, 3:53:56 AM9/5/17
to aeneas-forced-alignment
Hello everyone,
here's Michele, an aeneas web app user from Italy.

I'm following a project to embed a local installation of Aeneas into Jubler,
an offline video subtitling tool.

The developer's life would be way easier, though,
if Aeneas was packaged:

- as an AppImage file for Linux systems;
- as an App bundle for Mac

Could anyone of you help?

Thanks in advance for your time!
Michele

Willem van der Walt

Sep 5, 2017, 4:32:16 AM9/5/17
to aeneas-forced-alignment
Good day,
I find the pip install aeneas
command under Linux easy enough.
What do you meen by an AppImage file for Linux?
Regards, Willem

michele gianella

Sep 5, 2017, 5:09:14 AM9/5/17
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for replying, Willem :)
The official page for the AppImage project is this,

and an AppImage file for Jubler irtself is here.

It's basically a project that ports the convenience of dmg / exe files
into the scattered free software world.

And here are some instructions:
https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/wiki/Creating-AppImages
(the part about "Manually creating an AppDir")

If you are willing to invest some time,
I can also connect you with the developer.

Talk soon!
Michele

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017, michele gianella wrote:

Hello everyone,
here's Michele, an aeneas web app user from Italy.

I'm following a project to embed a local installation of Aeneas into Jubler,
an offline video subtitling tool.

The developer's life would be way easier, though,
if Aeneas was packaged:

- as an AppImage file for Linux systems;
- as an App bundle for Mac

Could anyone of you help?

Thanks in advance for your time!
Michele

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

The 5 symptoms of laziness

1.