Aeneas working only from aeneas directory

Mohammed Ezzat

Feb 8, 2019, 8:21:32 AM2/8/19
to aeneas-forced-alignment
Hello,

I know this sounds a bit strange, I used to use aeneas for a while on my ubuntu and then i had to reinstall everything

when i installed aeneas this time, it only works if I'm running it from within the directory i cloned from the github
but if i run it in any other directory i get this

python3 -m aeneas.tools.execute_task
/home/mypc/anaconda3/bin/python3: Error while finding module specification for 'aeneas.tools.execute_task' (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aeneas.tools')

any idea what I'm doing wrong or what i should do?
thanks

Alberto Pettarin

Feb 8, 2019, 2:13:22 PM2/8/19
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
It sounds related to anaconda and/or a virtualenv, as if you installed
aeneas with the OS packet manager, but then installed anaconda and the
pip packages got messed up.

What OS are you using?

How did you install aeneas, exactly?

What does pip freeze (or pip3 freeze) print? Is aeneas listed there?

AP

Mohammed Ezzat

Feb 8, 2019, 2:54:29 PM2/8/19
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
I'm running on linux ubuntu
I followed the manual procedure explained on github, but i already had anaconda before that
And yes it shows up on pip/pip3 freeze as aeneas==1.7.3.0

I also suspect that the issue is related to conda
I could still find my way to use aeneas from its folder but it's annoying and strange
do you think if i remove conda and try again, might work fine?

Alberto Pettarin

Feb 10, 2019, 8:54:25 AM2/10/19
to aeneas-forc...@googlegroups.com
Well, to avoid this kind of issues, the best practice is to use
virtualenv, to avoid conflicts between different Python interpreters and
packet managers over the "globally visible" modules.

If you want to use conda as your default distribution/manager, then I
guess you can try uninstalling everything, then install conda, and then
aeneas.

Best regards,

Alberto Pettarin

Mohammed Ezzat

Feb 10, 2019, 5:10:33 PM2/10/19
to aeneas-forced-alignment
Yea, I'll keep that in mind next time

Another thing, I was hoping to use azure tts
Do you think going from the awsttswrapper will be a good start? did you have any experience with that tts engine at all?