Cvetan Sinadinovski

Ninis, Dee

Jun 26, 2023, 6:35:24 AM6/26/23
to aee...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

It is with much sadness that I write to inform you of the passing of Cvetan Sinadinovski.

Many of you will remember Cvetan as a member of AEES and a regular attendee at our conferences.

Cvetan obtained his undergrad and M.Sc. qualifications at Zagreb University, before relocating to Australia to undertake his Ph.D. in Geophysics at Flinders University in South Australia. He later worked with Geoscience Australia and ANU before consulting. Cvetan contributed to our understanding of earthquake hazard and risk, ground motions, and recurrence. He also had a special interest in the seismicity of his home country, North Macedonia; last year, he submitted an Abstract to the AEES conference on a proposed study to investigate fragile geological features in Kukliciin, North Macedonia, to reveal past ground shaking intensities.

Cvetan was diagnosed with motor neurone disease late last year and had been in palliative care for a few months. He passed away on Saturday.

He will be missed.

Vale, Cvetan.

Cvetan.jpg

--

Dee Ninis

Earthquake Geologist - Seismology Research Centre

141 Palmer Street, Richmond VIC 3121, Australia

T +61 3 8420 8998 F +61 3 8420 8900

Find us on our WebsiteFacebookTwitter and YouTube

Research Affiliate - School of Earth, Atmosphere & Environment

Monash University

I acknowledge and respect the Traditional Indigenous Custodians of Country throughout Australia, and Elders past and present. I recognise their cultures and continuing connection to land, waters and community.