CALL FOR PAPERS: 2022 AEES Conference - Women in Earthquake Engineering and Science Communication - 24-25 November [SEC=OFFICIAL]

Trevor Allen

May 4, 2022, 8:07:14 AM5/4/22
to aee...@googlegroups.com, secr...@aees.org.au

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite you to submit a paper for the 2022 AEES Conference, to be held at the Victorian Emergency Management Institute in Mount Macedon on 24-25 November.  This year’s theme is “Women in Earthquake Engineering and Science Communication”. The theme recognises the importance that gender diversity plays in bringing new ideas and perspectives to solve problems in earthquake engineering and engineering seismology.

We have an impressive list of all-female keynote and invited speakers, and I and the AEES Committee look forward to bringing this exciting programme to you.

Attached is the official conference flyer, and an abstract submission template.  Please send your abstract of not more than 200 words by Friday 3 June 2022 to secr...@aees.org.au. Upon receipt and review of the abstract, authors will receive further instructions on acceptance of their abstract and instructions for writing full papers. Papers will be peer reviewed and, if accepted, published in the conference proceedings, and later on the AEES website.

We look forward to seeing you in Mount Macedon in November!

Kind regards,

Trevor Allen & the AEES Committee

Australian Earthquake Engineering Society

Call for Papers 2022.pdf
2022 AEES Abstract Template.docx

Trevor Allen

May 4, 2022, 7:16:07 PM5/4/22
to aee...@googlegroups.com, secr...@aees.org.au

Hi all – me again!

What I forgot to mention below is that we are working on a pre-conference agenda that may include a field-trip to a fault excavation (fingers crossed!) and will also be running a science communication workshop to be led by one of our keynote speakers, Dr Wendy Bohon from IRIS.  We are still working through the details of these two initiatives, but hope to be able to provide more information soon.

Additionally, there will be some limited accommodation at the conference venue and we will provide these details shortly as well.

Cheers,

Trevor