AEES 2024 conference - call for additional abstracts and keynote announcements

pres...@aees.org.au

May 16, 2024, 2:02:59 AMMay 16
to aee...@googlegroups.com, ad...@aees.org.au

Dear AEES members,

The 2024 committee are excited to announce our keynote speakers for the 2024 conference being held in Adeliade, from Thursday 21 November to Sat 23 November. The conference is being held at SkyCity in the heart of Adelaide CBD.

Our first keynote speaker is Prof. Timothy Sullivan, who is a Professor of Structural Engineering at the University of Canterbury. Tim’s research focusses on improving the fundamentals of seismic design, assessment and retrofit for structural and non-structural elements and systems. He has been leading research projects related to Next Generation Infrastructure, Resilient Buildings and Low-damage Design.

Our second keynote speaker is Dr Helen Crowley, who is the Secretary General of the Global Earthquake Model. Helen graduated with an MEng in Civil Engineering from Imperial College London in 2000 and after working for a year as a graduate engineer, she moved to Italy to complete MSc and PhD degrees in earthquake engineering at the University of Pavia (ROSE School). Helen has worked as a researcher and independent consultant in seismic risk and published extensively in this space.

Our third keynote speaker is Dr David Wald, who is a Seismologist with USGS at the National Earthquake Information Center in Golden. David leads development and operations of real-time information systems including ShakeMap, Did You Feel it?, PAGER, ShakeCast, and Ground Failure. David is currently the Editor-in-Chief of the EERI's journal Earthquake Spectra and is an Adjunct Professor in the Geophysics at the Colorado School of Mines.

The committee is also looking for some additional abstract submissions for the conference. If any members would still like to submit an abstract, please email it to ad...@aees.org.au by the end of the month, using the attached template.

Kind regards,

Scott

--

Scott Menegon PhD CPEng

President

Australian Earthquake Engineering Society

www.aees.org.au | pres...@aees.org.au | +61 400 709 335

image001.png
AEES 2024 abstract submission flyer.pdf
Abstract Template-2024.docx