FW: FEMA’s Earthquake and Wind Programs Branch Announced Free Recorded Online Training

Jordan Bartlett

Mar 9, 2023, 5:37:16 PM3/9/23
to aee...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

I was thoroughly impressed to see the following initiative below and felt it was too valuable a resource not to share with you all.

‘Newly released is the first recorded self-paced training made available online for anyone who wants to gain greater knowledge into FEMA P-154. FEMA P-154 Third Edition: Rapid Visual Screening of Buildings for Potential Seismic Hazards is free and made available to the public in nine modules’.

Regards,

Jordan

0411 12 13 19

Mar 9, 2023, 6:44:28 PM3/9/23
to aee...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jordan

Thanks for sharing that information. I gather, from reading the FEMA web site information, that, although registration for the courses is restricted to US citizens and authorities (but maybe not), the training resources are available for download, and would be valuable reading.

I was impressed by the amount of US federal legislation relating to the government’s responsibility to provide a wide range of earthquake risk related public education courses. One can only dream that such a state of affairs might exist in Australia at some future time – but, I imagine, that will not happen in my lifetime.

Regards

Michael Lloyd Turnbull BAppSc(Distinction) QUT, MAppSc CQU.

Member of the Australian Earthquake Engineering Society (Since 1997).

Foundation Member of the Seismological Association of Australian (SAA)

619 Horsecamp Road

Horse Camp, Qld. 4671

Telephone: (07) 41576538

Jordan Bartlett

Mar 9, 2023, 6:50:19 PM3/9/23
to aee...@googlegroups.com

Hello Mike,

I assume the registration is relevant to those requiring acknowledgement of having completed the modules and the Module 8 Class Exercise.

I simply opened the youtube links and began watching it… I trust they won’t GeoBlock it in time.

Jordan