Kanji reader

8 vues

dezo kun

non lue,
28 sept. 2018, 14:24:0128/09/2018
à aedict-users
Hi Martin,

First of all I wasn't really aware that u were in a desperate situstiin with aedict. But I should have guessed by seeing the unproportinal download score. Such a high quality product should be supported and I totally will do that.

Having said that also have a little question about your hobby project aedict
. :)

Is there an option to instantly start.up the pop up of the reader when marking japanese letters in a text (you know, instead of copying them first)? I believe it happened once today for the first time inside the reader test field provided when starting up the app.

Keep up the good work, we all appreciate it.

Martin Vysny

non lue,
29 sept. 2018, 02:30:0929/09/2018
à aedict-users
Hi,
  Thank you for being understanding and I apologise for the unpopular move.

The reader built-in browser is tricky - it behaves differently for different Android versions and different phones. In some phones it works, in some phones the popup appearance makes selection tools to be hidden and the selection to be cleared, hiding the popup. In some phones it crashes, in some phones it won't launch the popup, in some phones it will report a privacy hijack (since tracking selection is generally considered spying). With that being said, I'll try to revisit this issue with the latest Android security guidelines in mind and I'll post more. Meanwhile could you please open a bug report at https://github.com/mvysny/aedict/issues to keep track of this issue please?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Martin

--