Kanji size in quiz

dezo kun

Sep 20, 2017, 10:09:12 PM9/20/17
to aedict-users
You absolutely need to give the option to increase kanji size in the quiz.
3 times that of the current size would be the Ideal size. :)
I always need to get my glasses out when doing a kanji quiz...and even then I have problems making out some kanji.

Thanks martin

Martin Vysny

Sep 21, 2017, 2:00:04 AM9/21/17
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi dezo-kun,

  well it's a trade between having a large kanji and having a large
kanjipad to practice drawing of the kanji on. But yeah, in case of
single kanjis only the font size can definitely be increased. Can you
please open a feature request at https://github.com/mvysny/aedict/issues ?

Thanks!
BR,
Martin

Martin Vysny

Sep 21, 2017, 11:53:58 PM9/21/17
to aedict-users
Hi,
I have increased the single kanji entry font size almost two times in the quiz; please try it out and let me know if it's better now.

Best regards,
Martin

dezo kun

Nov 18, 2017, 5:31:50 PM11/18/17
to aedict-users
Hello Martin,

there is no change. Single Kanji still look small.
I understand that you demand some drawing real-estate, but if you cannot read the question how will you be able to answer\draw the answer?
I mean we are talking about talking out the glasses kind of small kanji characters here. It is like 5-10% for the displayed Kanji in question and 90% drawing space.
Can you at least increase the size of the Kanji to 20% so me and my friends in class can together do a quiz without handing the phone around to each person to see the kanji (still with glasses used).

Maybe you could add an option if my idea seems too fantastic. :) I could send you a photo, maybe I have that problem alone...

Thanks, good job Martin.

Martin Vysny

Nov 19, 2017, 12:48:23 AM11/19/17
to aedict-users
Hi,

Could you please do a quick.sketch of how large the kanji should be? Just capture the screen and draw a kanji in red into the screenshot :) you can post it at https://github.com/mvysny/aedict/issues

Best regards,
Martin

--
Please support the Aedict development, either by subscribing at https://aedict-online.eu or by supporting us at https://www.patreon.com/aedict
---

dezo kun

Nov 19, 2017, 9:13:46 AM11/19/17
to aedict-users
Of course. But I could also refer to the implemented JLPT Kanji Quiz which can be selected from the Quiz-Menue.
The Kanji are in perfect viewing size and also put on a slightly grey background for better recognitition.
It would change my study life if I could easily see the Kanji in question without much concentration on merely making it out. :)