error backing up personal files to owncloud

Norbert Preining

Sep 21, 2017, 6:28:35 AM9/21/17
to Martin Vysny, aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

I have set up aedict to backup user data to my own/nextcloud instance:

Backup storage: owncloud
Owncloud setting
https://...
username/password (application password) entered

I see the folder
Apps / Aedict / backups / UserData
in my cloud, but the actual backup gives the following error:
Failed to create automatic backup: list /Apps/Aedict/backups/Userdata failed: -1 HOST_NOT_AVAILABLE

Going into setting -> User data -> Backup/Restore I see
Failure: list /Apps/Aedict/backups/Userdata failed: -1 HOST_NOT_AVAILABLE

All the best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer

Martin Vysny

Sep 21, 2017, 7:07:41 AM9/21/17
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Well, OwnCloud Java client is really horrible and it's hard to learn
from those messages what they actually mean. My guess would be that your
phone can't see your server for some reason. Can other apps ping your
server, or connect to your server?

Best,
Martin

Norbert Preining

Sep 22, 2017, 4:08:46 AM9/22/17
to Martin Vysny, aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

> those messages what they actually mean. My guess would be that your phone
> can't see your server for some reason. Can other apps ping your server, or
> connect to your server?

Yes, the nextcloud app can easily connect without any problems.

Martin Vysny

Sep 22, 2017, 4:39:52 AM9/22/17
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'll try to investigate the client and improve error reporting
at least in this case. So that we have something solid as an error message.
Best,
Martin

Martin Vysny

Sep 22, 2017, 6:16:19 AM9/22/17
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
But first, please open a bug at github aedict bug tracker and please
attach the exception which should be logged in your phone log. Thanks!
Best,
Martin

Norbert Preining

Sep 22, 2017, 9:57:57 AM9/22/17
to Martin Vysny, aedict...@googlegroups.com
> But first, please open a bug at github aedict bug tracker and please attach

Done so.

> the exception which should be logged in your phone log. Thanks!

Where should that show up?

Martin Vysny

Sep 26, 2017, 3:57:40 AM9/26/17
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi Norbert,

  thanks! Please let's continue the discussion at
https://github.com/mvysny/aedict/issues/799

Best regards,
Martin