Font too large?

Lachlan Musicman

Oct 27, 2019, 5:09:21 PM10/27/19
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi, using Aedict 3.50 on Android, I'm having trouble using it at the
moment because all the fonts seem to have grown and distorted the UI?

Can't find a font size setting in the settings...

What am I doing wrong? I did a quick search but could only see a bug
report against version 2.x from 2 years ago.

Cheers
L.

--
------
"The fact that you're still saying something like 'feminism gone mad'

Helen Zaltzman / @HelenZaltzman
https://twitter.com/HelenZaltzman/status/1065384934846545920
Screenshot_20191027-102714.png
Screenshot_20191027-102634.png
Screenshot_20191027-102729.png

Martin Vysny

Oct 28, 2019, 2:28:59 AM10/28/19
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

  that looks like Android suddenly for no apparent reason applies some
weird top padding for the Japanese font on your device. Unfortunately it
works fine on my device, so fixing this won't be easy.

As a quick test, could you please try to check "Settings / Expert / Do
not use Japanese font" and restart Aedict? Also make sure you're not
using any custom Japanese fonts at "Settings / Expert / Custom Japanese
Font" and "Settings / Expert / Custom Japanese Font for large characters".

If that doesn't help, could you please post as much information as
possible about your device and Android version? With lots of luck I'll
be able to reproduce it in the Emulator; if not, I'll have to devise a
blind fix.

This Android fragmentation is horrible.

Best,
Martin

Lachlan Musicman

Oct 28, 2019, 5:14:50 AM10/28/19
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Martin,

Your first suggestion nailed it. Happy to test the other solutions if
you'd like?

See attached images.

FWIW, I'm running the most up to date Android (10, patched 20191005)
on Google Pixel 3a.

Thanks
L.
> --
> Please support the Aedict development, by subscribing for Aedict Ultimate in Google Play - thank you very much!
> ---
Screenshot_20191028-200845.png
Screenshot_20191028-200827.png
Screenshot_20191028-200906.png

Martin Vysny

Oct 28, 2019, 9:17:10 AM10/28/19
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

  thank you for confirming. Perhaps Android 10 has issues with the
Japanese font that's bundled with Aedict... I need to test in the
Emulator. I'll be back :)

Best,
Martin

Martin Vysny