audio reading

dezo kun

Apr 10, 2018, 8:01:25 AM4/10/18
to aedict-users
good day sir,

when I decide to let aedict read a word aloud, by pressing the speaker button next to the Kanji, it always opens up a box where I am presenting with 2 or more choices of what exactly I want it to read aloud. mostly I can choose the kanji and hiragana reading. which in speech doesn't make any difference...

so, for example choosing 車 to be read aloud. instead of just saying the word it let's me choose between 車 and くるま 。

if that could be fixed that would be awesome. :)

best wishes,
chris

Martin Vysny

Apr 10, 2018, 8:44:33 AM4/10/18
to aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

previously the TTS engines would not be able to read the kanji aloud
(they would simply say nothing), only the hiragana. That's why there is
the picker. However, the TTS engines were vastly improved and I guess
that such selector makes no sense. Please create a feature request at
http://github.com/mvysny/aedict/ and I'll take a look. Thanks! :)

Best,
Martin