Re: Aedict Japanese Dictionary

Martin Vysny

Sep 4, 2018, 2:17:00 AM9/4/18
to Claudia K., aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claudia,

  happy to hear that you like Aedict ;) I think you're talking about
the black-ish navigation menu which pops out from the left. You can
activate that menu by touching the upper-left so-called hamburger icon ≡
. You can also activate that menu by sliding from the left edge of the
screen to the right (requires a bit of practice).

Perhaps in your phone the 'long home press' served as the activation
button for the menu?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Martin

On 03.09.2018 20:41, Claudia K. wrote:
> Hi Vysny,
>
> I'm using Aedict for my Japanese studying and like it very much ♥ But
> now I registered that the function "kanji search" "draw kanji"
> "radical search" etc. which appeared at the bottom (if I had pressed
> the home button a long time) isn't there anymore. Maybe because my
> android system uses the Google assistant every time if I press this
> button a long time. I can't turned off the assistant according Google.
> So this aedict-function is gone in my case and can only use the
> dictionary :(
> I already tried other key functions (press long time the back button,
> swipe up/down/left/right etc...) but function didn't appear. is there
> a solution for this issue?
>
> I'm using android 8.1.0 (pure android) - Nokia phone.
>
> Hope you can help in my case.
> Thank you very much in advanced.
> Best regards,
> Claudia
>
> --
> Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail
> gesendet.

Martin Vysny

Sep 24, 2018, 5:11:34 AM9/24/18
to fire...@gmx.net, aedict...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claudia,
  please see my screenshot. It's from a phone running Android 8.1. Are you saying that there is no hamburger menu in your phone? If no then that's super weird. If there is no dedicated hardware menu button on your phone, then I'm afraid I can't help you much. Still, please feel free to open a bug report https://github.com/mvysny/aedict/issues/ and include your exact phone type, Android version and a screenshot.

Best,
Martin

On 10.09.2018 16:18, fire...@gmx.net wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your answer and your solution.

I tried to activate the hamburger icon on my phone (also with your suggestion to sliding from the left edge to the right edge), but on my phone, it didn’t work. So, I checked this weekend many other opportunities to get the hamburger menu. First, I tried an uninstall/install of the app– sliding didn’t work. Second, I googled a solution for the “sliding” – nothing worked. Third, I checked this situation on another phone (of a friend) – the hamburger menu was shown in the software buttons - see screenshot in attachment *sight* I tried to get the menu with other apps from the playstore (menu bar apps) and tried to activate software buttons on my phone, without complicate changes on the android os (my Nokia 6 has only hardware buttons) – but I didn’t get the hamburger menu either. (I got some help from a friend which know a bit more of android, than me --> but we didn't find an solution...)

So, I want to inform you, that it is not possible in such case on all phones to get the hamburger menu. Maybe it is possible to implement the hamburger menu on the app-home-screen in a new update. I know it is not easy to create/develop an app, so please see this information as a feedback from a longtime aedict-user :-) I’ll use the app in the future on my phone, but in my case only for dictionary.

Thank you in advance and thanks for your fast response on my last message :-)

Best regards from Vienna,

Claudia

Gesendet: Dienstag, 04. September 2018 um 08:16 Uhr
Von: "Martin Vysny" <mar...@vysny.me>