Cannot erase in the Notepad (v3.41)

Otax

Aug 26, 2017, 8:54:04 AM8/26/17
to aedict-users
Hi Martin,

Thank you for the great job and support you do.

I made recently a mistake in my Notepads.
So I tried to transfer from one Notepad to another with the "Move to Category" option.
It went well in the destination, but not at the original Notepad in the sens that it remains.
As a result, my word is now in 2 Notepads.

So I tried the "Delete selected" in the same options menu, but it did nothing, and remains.
Am I right in the manipulations or is there a bug here ?

Thank you !
With best regards,

Jean-Pierre.

Martin Vysny

Aug 27, 2017, 4:05:53 AM8/27/17
to aedict-users
Hi, that definitely sounds like a bug. It may be that either
1. The items were not removed from the notepad, or
2. The items were removed but notepad is not refreshed properly.
Can you please close and reopen the notepad screen, to check whether the items are still there or whether they have disappeared?

Also, have you perhaps activated the DB storage for user data in the expert settings?

--
Please support the Aedict development, either by subscribing at https://aedict-online.eu or by supporting us at https://www.patreon.com/aedict
---

Otax

Aug 27, 2017, 8:10:44 AM8/27/17
to aedict-users
Hi Martin,

Thank you for answering.
I had also that feeling that Notepad might be not refreshed.
So I open and close several times appli and also smartphon, with no change : it stays at more than one category.

In user data, my choice was : Notepad : Add Unique Only, soit is strange I can duplicate.
In expert settings, I think i am quite regular (no use of SD Card Storage, only internal memory) File-based option.

Is that possible I send a LogFile sothat you can check what is the confoguration that leads to this problem ?
I do not see where to produce a Log File ....

Thank you,
Best regards.

Jean-Pierre.

Otax

Aug 27, 2017, 8:50:22 AM8/27/17
to aedict-users
OK, I found the procedure for the log when digging a bit.
I'll prepare it in case you need.

Martin Vysny

Aug 29, 2017, 4:46:06 AM8/29/17
to aedict-users