Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

dezo kun

no leída,
18 nov 2017, 17:36:4118/11/17
a aedict-users
I recently found out that I cannot seem to be able to find some words.

For example I was searching for 大聖堂、or 犯人者、セキセイインコ etc.
but none of them seem to be in the dictionaries of mine.
Except if I draw them inside the app, then daiseidou is shown in the dictionary.
But hanninsha is still not shown as a compound word (in other apps it is).

Can you check it maybe?

Thanks,.

Martin Vysny

no leída,
19 nov 2017, 1:37:2619/11/17
a aedict-users
Hi,

Seems to be working for me: I am able to find both セキセイインコ and 大聖堂 in jmdict; 犯人者 only.shows as a compound. Which dictionaries are you performing the search in?

Best regards,
Martin

--
Please support the Aedict development, either by subscribing at https://aedict-online.eu or by supporting us at https://www.patreon.com/aedict
---

dezo kun

no leída,
19 nov 2017, 9:09:1519/11/17
a aedict-users
In settings, when I open the "Select Custom Dictionaries" option I select both "Jim Breen's JMDict" and "Wadoku JP-German Dictionary".
I also de-selected the Wadoku German one, still no 犯人者 大聖堂 セキセイインコ
I remember back in the days I could find 大聖堂 ...

What could be the problem?

Jim Breen

no leída,
19 nov 2017, 18:07:3819/11/17
a aedict-users
On Sunday, 19 November 2017 09:36:41 UTC+11, dezo kun wrote:
I recently found out that I cannot seem to be able to find some words.

For example I was searching for 大聖堂、or 犯人者、セキセイインコ etc.
but none of them seem to be in the dictionaries of mine.

Don't expect to find 犯人者. It's not a regular Japanese term, is in no
reference dictionary, and most WWW hits for it are on Chinese pages.
大聖堂 and セキセイインコ are there, as Martin has pointed out.

Jim

dezo kun

no leída,
20 nov 2017, 16:40:3820/11/17
a aedict-users
I made a list of words that I couldn't find in Aedict today. I have started to read 星の王子さま and I couldn't find those words.

首尾よく a regularly used word which is not found in Aedict, but JED
えじき not found in Aedict, except if copied inside, or drawn on kanji pad (found in JED)
献辞 not found in Aedict, found in JED

also next to this novel I failed to find:
同署 cannot be found when typing in romaji or hiragana, just when drawn in kanjipad (found, but translation is wrong "forementioned novelist" --> correct translation in JED "police (from said station)"

Can you find them? Maybe something is wrong on my side?

Jim Breen

no leída,
20 nov 2017, 18:03:5520/11/17
a aedict-users
I can find all those in AEdict. Are you sure you have it set to "All words"?
I once accidentally had it set to adjectives-only and could hardly find anything.

Jim

Martin Vysny

no leída,
21 nov 2017, 0:28:5821/11/17
a aedict-users
Hi, that is a good catch. Please try to disable all filters and make sure you're searching in jmdict only. Also if you have more than 1 Android device, please try on others as well. Some Samsung Galaxy tablets are buggy and don't work well with aedict. If all fails, please open a bug and paste a screenshot from your phone.

Best,
Martin

--

dezo kun

no leída,
25 nov 2017, 11:51:0325/11/17
a aedict-users
I think that helped me here. I had "common words only" set up. Thank you. It should be fine now! :)

Jim Breen

no leída,
25 nov 2017, 17:44:4225/11/17
a aedict-users
Martin, it might be a good idea to stop that filter being "sticky". It's the
sort of thing I think should be turned on just for a single lookup.  Jim

Martin Vysny

no leída,
27 nov 2017, 1:52:3127/11/17
a aedict...@googlegroups.com