Clippings Stopped working in vBulletin

Guy Bruner

Nov 17, 2022, 11:41:46 PM11/17/22
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
I have been using Clippings very successfully until recently to post in several forums. However, it no longer pastes text on forums using the vBulletin forum software. I can't pin down what might have changed when I first noticed it. But it was around the time I installed the Synced Clippings feature. However, if I turn that off, it still will not insert a saved clipping. Any suggestions on how to fix this are welcome.

AE Creations Help and Support Forums

Nov 18, 2022, 1:26:16 AM11/18/22
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
I doubt this was caused by installing Sync Clippings. Do you know if there was a recent upgrade to vBulletin? Can you provide a link to the vBulletin forum where you are experiencing the problem?

Alex

---
AE Creations website (NEW address!)
https://aecreations.io/

the AE Creations blog
https://aecreations.blogspot.com/

Guy Bruner

Nov 18, 2022, 11:35:48 AM11/18/22
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
I don't know about vB updates. Some of the forums are:
http://smith-wessonforum.com/ (this forum software is heavily modified and I doubt the basic software is updated.)

I'm using Firefox 107.0 64 bit. Windows 11. Everything is current. Posting a saved clipping from the context menu results in no text in the text box. I am running Adblock+ and Privacy Badger but those plugins were operating when Clippings was working.

AE Creations Help and Support Forums

Nov 18, 2022, 8:48:16 PM11/18/22
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
Thanks for the info. I'll have to investigate this further. In the meantime, a workaround is to click the Switch Editor Mode button on the far right-hand side of the editor toolbar. Pasting a clipping will work in the plain-text editor, and you can either use BBCode to format the text, or click Switch Editor Mode again to return to the rich text editor and use the toolbar buttons to format the text.

Alex

---
AE Creations website (NEW address!)
https://aecreations.io/

the AE Creations blog
https://aecreations.blogspot.com/

Guy Bruner

Nov 18, 2022, 8:52:20 PM11/18/22
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
Thanks! That works. Hope you can find the issue and fix it. Clippings is a great tool.