Sorting of clippings

Peter Aarts

Dec 18, 2022, 8:52:30 PM12/18/22
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
I have been using clippings for many years now and I think it is great. I love using it. however I do think that some improvements might make my life (and probably of others) even better.

Clippings is so great at saving any changes you make to your clippings instantly. However when you want to move clippings in order to have them in alphabetical order (at least that is how I like it), then this is not save and thus not possible.

Another thingy (minor in comparison with the above), the clippings window is getting smaller and smaller after some time of using (days/weeks). Can't it just stay in the same format? I am not using it full screen.

Cheers

PS. No critics, just suggestions to improve. Keep it up!

ateng

Dec 20, 2022, 12:48:39 AM12/20/22
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
Thanks for your feedback. Clippings should be able to save the order of the clippings when arranging them in the Clippings Manager tree list using drag 'n drop. Which version of Clippings are you using, and on which version of Firefox or Thunderbird?  Are you trying to reorder the clippings at the top-level, or within a subfolder? Are the affected clippings inside the "Synced Clippings" folder?

As for the problem about the window getting smaller and smaller, are you referring to Clippings Manager? Which OS are you using (Windows, macOS, etc.)?  I would like to investigate this further.

Alex

---
AE Creations website (NEW address!)
https://aecreations.io/

the AE Creations blog
https://aecreations.blogspot.com/

Peter Aarts

Dec 29, 2022, 3:23:30 PM12/29/22
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
I am using Clippings version 6.4.3.1 for Firefox on Windows 10 pro latest update version.

I stand corrected regarding the first problem. It used to be like that in the past, but I admit not having tested it before submitting the problem here.

The other problem is still happening with the window getting smaller (Firefox/Windows 10 pro).

Thanks for checking.

Cheers,

Peter

ateng

Jan 5, 2023, 12:43:39 AM1/5/23
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
Can you try resetting the Clippings Manager window position and size and see if this resolves the shrinking window issue? This can be done by going to Clippings options, clicking the "Windows and Dialogs" button, then in the dialog that appears, click the "Reset" button under the last checkbox option.

Note that if you had set a preferred window position on the screen as well as window width/height, you'll need to set them again after the reset.

Alex

---
AE Creations website

Peter Aarts

Jan 5, 2023, 9:47:11 AM1/5/23
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
Ok. I have tried that, but it is still happening. Every time the clippings window is closed and then opened again, it shrinks. The window stays at the same position though, so that is not a problem.

Cheers,

Peter

ateng

Jan 5, 2023, 3:23:16 PM1/5/23
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
Are you also noticing the window shrinking problem with normal Firefox browser windows?  If so, there may be another Windows application that is interfering with window sizing. Window Blinds is a known culprit: https://support.mozilla.org/mk/questions/852663

Another possibility is a corrupted "xulstore.json" file in your Firefox profile: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1117835