Import from Chome "Text Snippets" addon

Matthew Mandegar

Sep 23, 2021, 11:41:44 AM9/23/21
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
I am trying to export about 50 clippings I have from a google chrome addon, the are exported in the format you see below. it is a large block of text holding all 50

{"id":"64","type":"text","level":"0","parent":"0","name":"##Update#","text":"please go the the dial pad and dial this number [b]##873283#[/b] and press the talk button. You will see a pop notifying you \"Starting Service Update\" wait until it says \"Service Update Complete\" and then try again. ","html":"false"}

I copy all of them into Notepad++ and then save as .json, when I try to import it says "successful" but nothing shows up??

ateng

Sep 25, 2021, 12:46:32 AM9/25/21
to AE Creations Help and Support Forums
The JSON data needs to be converted to Clippings format. Using the example you provided, it would look like this:

{
  "version": "6.1",
  "createdBy": "Your Name",
  "userClippingsRoot": [
    {
      "name": "##Update#",
      "content": "please go the the dial pad and dial this number [b]##873283#[/b] and press the talk button. You will see a pop notifying you \"Starting Service Update\" wait until it says \"Service Update Complete\" and then try again."
      "shortcutKey": "",
      "sourceURL": "",
      "label": "",
      "seq": 0
    },
    // ...
  ]
}

Optionally, to set the sort order, you can increase the value of "seq" by 1 in each additional snippet. But it can be set to zero for all of them; Clippings will automatically set the sort order when importing or when reordering the clippings by dragging and dropping them in the list in Clippings Manager.

Alex

---
AE Creations website
https://aecreations.sourceforge.io/