Performance Max & Dynamic Search Ads campaigns - Search Term Report

Avkeren

May 22, 2023, 5:30:50 PM5/22/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi,
Is there any option to get with ads script some kind of a search term report for Performance Max & Dynamic Search Ads campaigns?
is it correct that using the "FROM search_term_view" report won't provide any data for these 2 types of campaigns?
Is there any option to get some kind of data with a script similar to what can be done with the UI?
The following link provides what can be done in the UI:
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/11386930?hl=en#:~:text=Search%20terms%20insights%20help%20you,key%20performance%20metrics%20for%20each.

Thanks...

Nils Rooijmans

May 23, 2023, 3:20:03 AM5/23/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Unfortunately, Google does not provide search term data like this for Performance Max campaigns.
Your best option is to go into the Google Ads interface, navigate to your PMax campaign -> Insights, and have a look at the ' Search terms insight' card.

As far as I know, this ' Search terms insight'  data for PMax is not yet accessible via the Google Ads API.
@Google: is this correct? If so, can we add this to the queue with requests for the report API development roadmap?

Hope this helps,

Nils Rooijmans
https://nilsrooijmans.com
See my Google Ads Scripts FAQ to avoid the same mistakes I made: https://nilsrooijmans.com/google-ads-scripts-faq/

Avkeren

May 24, 2023, 2:00:30 AM5/24/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi Nils,
Thanks for your reply...

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 24, 2023, 6:05:35 AM5/24/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads Scripts Team.

I agree with Nils' response, information on `Search Term Insight` could not yet be retrieved via Google Ads Scripts. Allow me to raise a request for this feature in order to be exposed via said tool. Please do note that our team would be unable to provide a definite timeline with regard to it's release and would instead recommend you keep an eye on our Ads Developer Blog for future updates and latest announcements.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2lKj5h:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team

Thùy Oanh Quế

May 31, 2023, 3:45:28 AM5/31/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum on behalf of adsscripts
EkgN2A05yb

Thanh Vy Hoàng Phủ

May 31, 2023, 3:45:35 AM5/31/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum on behalf of adsscripts

XV9M1X3tns

Thu Huyền Diệp

May 31, 2023, 3:45:37 AM5/31/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum on behalf of adsscripts

3yFjuqTBQl