Can support be added to Ad Scripts to set bid adjustments for Demographic based audiences?

Oak Motors

Aug 14, 2019, 12:15:09 PM8/14/19
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Within the Google Ads interface, there is a tab titled "Demographics".  This tab contains Age, Gender, and Household Income based audiences for each search campaign. (It also shows Parental Status audiences, but those are only defined for Display campaigns for some reason)

For instance, under Age, there is an audience defined for 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65+, and Unknown. There is one of these audiences for each age range and each campaign in the account. The same applies to the Gender and Household Income audiences.

A bid adjustment can be set for each of these audiences within the interface, but this can only be done manually. There is no script support to my knowledge to get stats for and set bid adjustments on these audiences.

Can support be added to AdsApp to provide access to these demographic based audiences so that we can determine performance and then set an appropriate bid adjustment based on that performance?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 14, 2019, 4:49:15 PM8/14/19
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqdb6e6zqqfq...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqdb6e6zqqfq...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. We appreciate your feedback and will forward this request to the appropriate channel. Any new features introduced to scripts will be announced on our blog.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEJ4nd:ref

Colin Griffin

Feb 1, 2020, 10:49:47 PM2/1/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
This is a such a simple concept which could make a huge difference to advertisers and it's insane that people have been asking for this feature for so long and nothing has come of it.

I am looking to build a script to do all this for me so I can leave it on autopilot as opposed to spend 2 hours a day doing it manually.

I was wondering if this was something you could do using bulk upload or maybe the API. Have you looked at alternatives?

ARIEL AB ARRABIS AM

Feb 2, 2020, 1:11:37 PM2/2/20
to Colin Griffin via Google Ads Scripts Forum, Google Ads Scripts Forum
okey lets based on my 29 bday

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---

--
1905 per TRANSACTION

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Feb 3, 2020, 12:34:18 AM2/3/20
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Colin, my apologies for the inconvenience for doing this manually. We've already raised a featured request for this and let me follow up the team about it. Also, it is currently not possible to do this via bulk upload via Google Ads scripts. The only supported entities for the bulk upload via Google Ads scripts are specified to this document. For the meantime, please continue to follow our blog to get updated with this feature.

Furthermore, if you are asking how to do this on Google Ads API/AdWords API, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to provide support as this is out of my expertise. With this, you may post this question to the AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum.

To Ariel, if you have the same concern, please see this thread. Otherwise, if you have a different issue, let me know and please provide more details about it.

Regards,
Ejay

Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UUzv3O:ref