New Google Ads UI + Scripts Failing

fb0

Jun 11, 2024, 12:20:43 PM (10 days ago) Jun 11
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Hi there,

Not sure if this is related to the recent Google Ads UI redesign, but noticed that since a couple of days only, scripts with a daily schedule that were running perfectly well on a daily basis are now all failing with either a timeout or system error msg (see attached)*.

Could someone have a look as soon as possible to investigate further as I rely on these for critical reporting?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: Attempting to manually running them instead of leaving the scheduler run them doesn't change anything

David

2024-06-11 17_15_42-Ads - Script History - Flashbay - Google Ads.png

fb0

Jun 12, 2024, 7:01:08 AM (9 days ago) Jun 12
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Could someone from the Ads Script Forum team pick up today on this one please?

David

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 12, 2024, 9:26:04 AM (9 days ago) Jun 12
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads Scripts support team.

I would like to inform you that Google Ads Scripts can execute for a maximum of 30 minutes for child accounts and 60 minutes for a manager account. Please follow the document Limits to get more information on Google Ads Scripts time limit.

I would recommend that you create multiple copies of the script and check the products of each batch of campaigns. Just make sure that these scripts do not check the same entities in order to prevent any issues. Also, use the executeInParallel() method to run multiple scripts in parallel. Please refer to the Ads Manager (MCC) scripts for more information.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any further queries.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJIcL:ref" (ADR-00239890)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team

dm flashbay

Jun 12, 2024, 10:52:09 AM (9 days ago) Jun 12
to Google Ads Scripts Forum on behalf of adsscripts
Hi there

Thanks for coming back to me, as shared in my original post, these timeout instances only happened a couple of days ago (without any change in previous code, which was working perfectly fine before that), as this issue is affecting quite a few scripts I believe something else at play (as these were working fine before that).

Some of these mcc scripts only run across ~8 managed accounts and still returned a timeout error of 120mins today (they’d usually complete in a few minutes only before that)

I can privately share an example script for you to check and assess

Thanks

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 12, 2024, 2:59:51 PM (9 days ago) Jun 12
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In order to investigate your issue further, kindly provide us with the following details:
  • Google Ads account ID / CID.
  • Name of the affected scripts.
  • Error details or the screenshot of the issue (if any).
  • If the script uses a spreadsheet, please provide a shareable link to the spreadsheet.
You can share the requested details via Reply privately to the author option or a direct private reply to this email.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJIcL:ref" (ADR-00239890)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Register for the upcoming workshop: Performance Max and the Google Ads API!

DavidM

Jun 13, 2024, 5:47:36 AM (8 days ago) Jun 13
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi

Could you please email me this request by email as the "Reply privately to the author option" is greyed out in your reply and I didn't get this reply from you in the email thread?

Thanks

fb0

Jun 14, 2024, 6:34:50 AM (7 days ago) Jun 14
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi there

Could you please come back to me today via email so that I can privately share the script details and you can investigate this?
As the "Reply privately to the author option" is greyed out

Thanks

dm flashbay

Jun 14, 2024, 8:27:57 AM (7 days ago) Jun 14
to fb0 via Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi there,

Please investigate this issue using the below information,

  • Google Ads account ID / CID: 151-699-9172

  • Name of the affected scripts: Rapport Lanyard

  • Error details or the screenshot of the issue (if any): Stopped due to timeout (see attached screenshot)

If the script uses a spreadsheet, please provide a shareable link to the spreadsheet.

Please keep this information private as couldn't use the privately reply to author option in Google groups (greyed out)

Thanks

On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 at 11:05, dm flashbay <flas...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi there could you please help with the below so that I can privately share the script details and you finally investigate?

Thanks

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Ads Scripts Forum" group.

fb0

Jun 20, 2024, 7:40:08 AM (yesterday) Jun 20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi there,

could someone from the Scripts team come back to me today looking at the script details I've shared above.
I've removed access to the spreadsheet link for now, but can make email it to you once you reply to me via email, or allow to reply privately (the Spreadsheet part of the script shouldn't be IMO part of the issue)

Thanks in advance
David

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 20, 2024, 11:59:04 AM (20 hours ago) Jun 20
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi David,

I would like to inform you that we don’t have access to the spreadsheet you have provided. Follow the below steps to share a file publicly:

  • Select the file you want to share.
  • Click Share.
  • Under “General Access,” click the down arrow.
  • Choose anyone with the link.
  • To decide what role people will have, select Editor.
  • Copy the link.
  • Click Done.
  • Paste the copied link in an email.

If you are having difficulties sharing the file publicly, upload a download copy in the same thread.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJIcL:ref" (ADR-00239890)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team

fb0

Jun 20, 2024, 1:16:00 PM (19 hours ago) Jun 20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi there,

I've attached a dummy* copy of the spreadsheet as cannot publicly share the Google sheet

Please advise if the attached is sufficient for you

Thanks & regards
*I've removed the real metric values as this is sensitive value for us

Report Spreadsheet for Scripts Team.xlsx