How to Export Changes from Running Ads Script to Google Sheets

Trey

Apr 8, 2020, 4:43:35 PM4/8/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
After running an ads script I would love to automatically list the outputs found on the "Script History > Details > Changes" screen in a Google Sheets file, but I can't find any documentation/examples of the script code needed to do this.  Does anyone know of an example of script that can do this?

Is it possible?  The Google Ads UI doesn't even have an export button for this information, which seems odd.

Thanks!

Trey

Apr 8, 2020, 4:47:39 PM4/8/20
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
I see posts from 2017 saying the functionality did not exist, here's hoping that's changed in the last 3 years.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Apr 8, 2020, 5:56:16 PM4/8/20
to adwords-scripts+apn2wqeouhaz7_vx...@googlegroups.com, adwords-scripts+apn2wqeouhaz7_vx...@googlegroups.co, adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trey,

As you found, there is still no scripts method to output execution logs, in a general sense. Reporting changes must be tailored to the specific script. Though the change log is not being directly referenced, there are various ways that scripts can show successful changes: Hope this helps.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UZWyMs:ref