Negative Keyword Conflicts with New Scripts-Backend

Sascha Ballweg

May 30, 2022, 6:02:59 AM5/30/22
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello. Will there be updated versions of the script Negative Keyword Conflicts
These Ads scripts are both marked as legacy and do not work any longer or rather with some kind of unexpected result because of

ad_group_criterion.negative IN (TRUE,FALSE) is not a valid condition. Dropping condition from query

Can someone please help me?

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

May 31, 2022, 5:22:48 AM5/31/22
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sascha,

Please be informed that the solution scripts mentioned are not yet migrated to the new script experience. Having said that, I suggest that you continue to execute the said solution script in the legacy version of Google Ads script (by toggling off the new experience option in the script interface in the meantime), until it has been fully migrated and released in our latest documentation. Rest assured that the team will surely provide best effort to lessen the script changes, so that the migration of the solution script will be hassle free and easy to our users. The team will also provide an ample amount of time for users migrating to the new solution script once available.

For any updates on this, I suggest that you keep an eye to our blog or our latest documentation.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bSvaI:ref

Nils Rooijmans

Jul 26, 2023, 6:18:11 AM7/26/23
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
just a FYI for the scripting community here.

The original script is updated by Google, but it has a major drawback;
it also looks at keywords in campaigns that have ended (ie: ended experiment campaigns).

This results in a lot of false alerts, making you want to ignore them altogether.

So I decided to fix this issue by changing the script to only look at campaigns that are still serving.

This fix was easy. The only thing I need to add was the condition to only look at campaigns with serving_status = 'SERVING'.

In the code that means one extra condition in the GAQL query (extra condition in green):

    `WHERE campaign.status = "ENABLED" AND campaign.serving_status = "SERVING" AND ad_group.status = "ENABLED" `+

Google Ads Script - Negative Keywords Conflicts - Updated version

Hope this helps,

Nils Rooijmans
https://nilsrooijmans.com
See my Google Ads Scripts FAQ to avoid the same mistakes I made: https://nilsrooijmans.com/google-ads-scripts-faq/

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jul 26, 2023, 9:18:03 AM7/26/23
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nils,

Thank you for sharing your insights on this thread.

@Sascha - Feel free to try out Nils' suggestion of adding campaign.serving_status = "SERVING" in the filter, and see if this is relevant for your use case.

Let us know if you have any further clarification.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bSvaI:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team

James Coochie

Aug 9, 2023, 4:52:06 AM8/9/23
to Nils Rooijmans via Google Ads Scripts Forum
thanks

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---