Sharedset - Support for video placement as negative criteria in exclusion lists

Matthias Carchon

Feb 14, 2018, 9:06:51 AM2/14/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi,

Current shared placement exclusion lists only seem to support websites and not YouTube channels.
When using the AdWordsApp.​ExcludedPlacementList builder, pushing a YouTube channel url to a list adds the URL, yet only with type Site and not type YouTube channel.

An alternative would be using the AdWordsApp.​ExcludedVideoPlacement builder. Only this approach is more cumbersome as it does not allow to leverage the power of shared lists.

Any plans to add support for YouTube channels in shared sets?
Or will the second option remain the only options with AdWords Scripts for now.

Thanks!

Matthias

Sravani Yelamarthi (AdWords Scripts Team)

Feb 14, 2018, 3:51:22 PM2/14/18
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Matthias,

It is correct that AdWordsApp.​ExcludedPlacementList builder, allows only the type Site but not YouTube channel to the shared list.

I will pass your feedback to my team. Meanwhile, Please follow our blog for any updates.

Thanks,
Sravani Yelamarthi
AdWords Scripts Team