Typescript supported on Google Ads Script

Lorenzo Filippini

Jun 16, 2024, 10:33:42 PM (4 days ago) Jun 16
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi everyone,

A question came up to my mind recently, and it's as simple as this:

Does Google Ads Script functionality allows you to run scripts wrote in Typescript instead of JavaScript?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 16, 2024, 11:04:13 PM (4 days ago) Jun 16
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads Scripts team.

The Google Ads script functionality does not allow you to run scripts written in Typescript. It provides programmatic control of your Google Ads data using simple JavaScript in a browser-based IDE. For more information, you may check this product overview document.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further queries.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJLy9:ref" (ADR-00241609)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads Scripts Team

Nils Rooijmans

Jun 18, 2024, 3:22:51 AM (3 days ago) Jun 18
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Google Ads Scripts only supports ECMAScript 2015 , also known as ES6 and ECMAScript 6.
If you want to use Typescript to create Google Ads Scripts you could first write your Typescript version and then compile it to ES6.

Hope this helps,

Nils Rooijmans
https://nilsrooijmans.com
See my Google Ads Scripts FAQ to avoid the same mistakes I made: https://nilsrooijmans.com/google-ads-scripts-faq/

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jun 18, 2024, 4:22:31 AM (3 days ago) Jun 18
to adwords...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you Nils for providing the solution.

I would suggest that you follow the solution provided by Nils and get back to us if you still have any concerns.

Lorenzo Filippini

Jun 18, 2024, 5:46:21 AM (3 days ago) Jun 18
to Google Ads Scripts Forum on behalf of adsscripts
Thank you both, I think at this point I will just write directly in JavaScript.

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---