Impact of API migration on Ads scripts?

Yekta Göktas

Jan 13, 2022, 1:22:45 AMJan 13
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello,
As you know, the AdWords API will sunset on April 27, 2022, and migration to the new Google Ads API is a must for services that are using the API. But I wanted to ask just to be sure could any script be impacted by that?

Thank you!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jan 13, 2022, 4:09:07 AMJan 13
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yekta,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

What I can confirm now is that the sunset of the AdWords API would surely affect Google Ads scripts but rest assured that more information would be posted in our blog with regard to the changes that will happen in scripts. If you use AWQL in your scripts, I would highly recommend that you migrate them to use GAQL instead as much as possible.

Should you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Google Ads Scripts Team