Re: use setCpm for tCPM Video Campaign

Message has been deleted

Google Ads Scripts Forum

Jun 14, 2024, 8:37:01 AM (7 days ago) Jun 14
to Google Ads Scripts Forum

Hi Satsumaimo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads Scripts support team.

Please be informed that I have removed your response from the forums as it contains the PII information.

Upon reviewing the script history in the account you have provided, it is observed that the Target CPM has been changed via the script. Could you please provide us with the below details to investigate further on this issue at our end?

  • Google Ads account ID/CID

  • Name of the affected script

  • Shareable spreadsheet link that you are using any sheet in your script

You can share the requested details via Reply privately to the author option or a direct private reply to this email.

Thanks,

Google Ads Scripts team

On Thursday, June 13, 2024 at 4:31:06 PM UTC+5:30 satsum...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I've got a problem when I try to change tCPM bidding through following scripts;

     const videoAdGroup = videoAdGroupIterator.next();
      if (bidStrategy === "TARGET_CPM") {
      videoAdGroup.bidding().setCpm(newbid);
      }

When I execute this, the script works but actual target CPM will not change. It seems that maxCPM is changed, not tCPM.

Although other video campaigns with different bidding strategies work (setCpa for VAC(tCPA) and setCpv for TrueView(maxCPV) campaign), only this tCPM campaign doesn't work correctly.

*it works:

      if (bidStrategy === "TARGET_CPA") {
      videoAdGroup.bidding().setCpa(newbid);
         }