'Update your video-creating scripts by Feb 28 to avoid errors'

Joaquin Retondo

Jan 6, 2022, 3:49:06 PMJan 6
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hi y'all!

I work for a small production company that regularly uses video ads for thumbnail testing purposes.  We are using a GAds script which pulls data from a google spreadsheet (a youtube url, campaign and ad group names) to create (using media operations) video ads that come up as suggested videos in youtube. The GAds Script then returns data to that same spreadsheet (Ad name, Ad ID and AD creation date).

We recently got the following notice: Capture.PNG

Can assets themselves be created from youtube urls? Is this even relevant to us at all?

Please let me know if you need any additional details and thanks a lot for your time!

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jan 7, 2022, 12:05:24 AMJan 7
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Harry here, from the Google Ads Scripts Team.

You should be able to create asset typed videos with YouTube Video IDs via the YouTubeVideoAssetBuilder. Moreover, it looks like the Asset type video object is only available for creating responsive video ads via the ResponsiveVideoAdBuilder in Google Ads scripts currently. That said, allow me to take this up to our wider team for further insights on the notification you have received recently. Rest assured that I will get back to you once new information becomes available.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Harry Cliford Rivera
Google Ads Scripts Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2UhLhx:ref

Joaquin Retondo

Jan 7, 2022, 12:39:06 PMJan 7
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Thank you for your response. I'm eagerly awaiting any new info you can share with me.

Joaquin Retondo

Jan 11, 2022, 9:05:15 AMJan 11
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
Hello Harry, I was wondering if you were able to find anything else out for this upcoming changes. If you need any info from me, please let me know.

Joaquin Retondo

Jan 11, 2022, 9:06:23 AMJan 11
to Google Ads Scripts Forum
My main concern is if we will be able to continue using our Ad creating script or if we will have to modify it.

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jan 11, 2022, 10:42:40 PMJan 11
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your patience on this. As the guidance insists, you would have to modify your scripts to instead use assets when creating new video ads. On the other hand, I just go an update from our wider team that they are currently working on rolling out the feature to support creating video ads with Asset type video objects. Kindly watch out for new updates and releases in Google Ads Scripts through our blog for the meantime.

Joaquin Retondo

Jan 12, 2022, 9:56:37 AMJan 12
to Google Ads Scripts Forum on behalf of adsscripts
This doesn't make much sense to me. We have to update the script to use assets to create video ads but you're saying that the feature to create video ads from assets is not yet available? So how can we update the script if that feature is unavailable at the moment?

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---

--
Joaquín Retondo
Administrative Assistant

Google Ads Scripts Forum Advisor

Jan 12, 2022, 10:24:33 PMJan 12
to adwords...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for getting back. I would request for your continued patience until the feature is available in Google Ads scripts. You can update your scripts after that has been rolled out. Please do check our blog for updates and releases in scripts.

Let me know if you have further questions on this.